El Reno MotoTrbo Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
I am programming a RX only radio for the El Reno PD, FD, Mercy frequencies. I have been able to get the PD to work. Haven't had a chance to tell if the FD is working.

But my issue is with Mercy I have a file that shows how the radios were programmed and the frequencies are different from the ones on the database. The ones I have don't work and the ones on the database has the radio show a busy light with no sound.

I am programming a Vertex

SCPD

QRT
2 things

1) You may not have the correct ColorCode and/or talkgroup programmed.
2) They may be running encrypted. I'm not sure the behavior of the radio if it detects an encrypted channel.

Suggestions:
To find the colorcode, program the frequency 16 times but change the colorcode 0-15. Make sure you label the channel to reflect which color code is transmitting.
Or run DSD and that should tell you the colorcode. Not sure if DSD will indicate an encrypted channel or not. Haven't tried it.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Most encrypted channels at least if it's a MotoTRBO radios ( Motorola to be exact) are most likely employing ADP ( 40 bit) encryption keys. There are however 256 bit encryption keys for the Gen 2 lines of radios, but this is a purchased feature in and of itself and most likely NOT being used. Your radio if they are encrypted will simply output garbled voice whenever the PTT button is pressed on their end. Radio IDs I do believe should still be sent over if encrypted or not. P25 radios are the same ( security error)

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
155.940, with the info listed in the DB, works fine for me for Mercy EMS.

Did you program it the same a the database? I originally programed it with the old freq and nothing. Then I changed it to the database and that's where im getting the busy signal

KX5MOT

The 155.9325 freq in the database is an error, if you look at the license, 155.940 is the actual output freq. The license is expired, but I just heard Mercy traffic on it.

coleglenn05

Premium Subscriber
OK I will give that a try. Here is how I had it programmed before so Im not sure what I did wrong then... Before I changed to match the wrong info in the database.

CALL ID: 18000
RX: 155.94
TX: 158.955
CC:3
TIME SLOT: 1

RECEIVE GROUP WITH THE PROPER NAME

Status
Not open for further replies.