RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Classifieds > Old Classifieds Archives

Old Classifieds Archives This forum contains all old classifieds posts and threads, and will ultimately be deleted within the next month or so. Provided as a reference only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 9:01 PM

Default YAESU FT-2800M FINAL'S Transistor

I am looking for the finals transistor for a YAESU FM TRANSCEIVER FT-2800M or a sight to were the finals can be bought out right I have googled it can't find it no were
or if anyone has a parts radio (same model ) at a reasonable offer i just might be interested Thanks KJ4JBC ----JASON
Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 AM

2sc4617
Old 01-29-2009, 1:04 PM

I dont know why dragonball posted a 2SC4617 - that is a general purpose NPN Amp transisitor.

Go to the web site below and download the service manual(tech manual) for the FT-2800M.

http://www.dxclube.com.br/files/yaes...ice_manual.pdf

It indicates the final brick amp is Q306 which is a FET RF Amp device RD70HFV1.

Yaesu's part number is G3090140.

Just call up Yaesu and see what the price is - probably around $80 or $90.

or - wait till you find a parts radio(ebay perhaps) that has a good transmitter.

Good luck......
Old 01-29-2009, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fineshot1 View Post
I dont know why dragonball posted a 2SC4617 - that is a general purpose NPN Amp transisitor.

Go to the web site below and download the service manual(tech manual) for the FT-2800M.

http://www.dxclube.com.br/files/yaes...ice_manual.pdf

It indicates the final brick amp is Q306 which is a FET RF Amp device RD70HFV1.

Yaesu's part number is G3090140.

Just call up Yaesu and see what the price is - probably around $80 or $90.

or - wait till you find a parts radio(ebay perhaps) that has a good transmitter.

Good luck......
Yea. after trying like 20 to 30 times I finaly got through with yaesu coustomer service and parts and they said the finals was part number G3090140 and that it cost $62.36 and the driver part number is G3830158 AND THE COST FOR IT IS $18.55 I don't know what to look for when looking up other parts such as the one the other guy in the above post sent me to but that was not it I called and they said it was the wrong part but if I called them back they would match it up for me now I dont know if it is the final or the driver now or not i got to get ahold of danny the guy who gave me the radio to see but thanks for the help if you guys see it cheaper anywere let me know thanks KJ4JBC--Jason
Old 01-29-2009, 5:16 PM

lug,

I don't know about Yaesu radios but my Icoms have a protection diode that will blow if the antenna match is way off. If that happens the radio will still put out about 500mw on transmit. If that's the case then you just have to replace the diode.

I thought it was the finals when it happened but determined it was the diode.

Lots cheaper....
Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 PM

it was to the Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor
Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

You can purchase a new FT-2800 from HRO for less than $130.00. Not really worth spending
the money for parts to fix it.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofy View Post
lug,

I don't know about Yaesu radios but my Icoms have a protection diode that will blow if the antenna match is way off. If that happens the radio will still put out about 500mw on transmit. If that's the case then you just have to replace the diode.

I thought it was the finals when it happened but determined it was the diode.

Lots cheaper....
Well after talking to the guy who gave me the radio he told me it put out but it was not putting out a lot of watts so yaesu told me it would be the driver I don't know if they have that feture you mentioned but ill look in to it for the 18 dollar price i think it will be well worth putting the money in it to get it fixed but if it is going to cost me more than what one cost then it looks like it will just be a parts radio well thanks everyone for the info I will keep everyone informed as to what it was when I take it in to get it fixed .
KJ4JBC---JASON
Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonball View Post
I called them and they said they got the driver for it but they dont have the final transistor for it but if you got a part number for it pass it on over and I will call them to tell them my buddy found it for me they may just of over looked it then again it may just be the driver
well thanks for your help bud KJ4JBC---Jason
Old 01-31-2009, 2:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If it has output power but its low try the driver first, lot cheaper, and if that doesn't work replace the final. Just order them from Yaesu, easy fix if your skilled with a soldering iron.

Sounds like someone gave you the radio free, its worth putting $80 into, a new one is about $120, so you still end up saving a little money and gaining the satisfaction that you fixed it yourself!

And if you give up on it toss it on eBay so the rest of us can have a stab at it.. LOL
Old 01-31-2009, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugoffman View Post
Yea. after trying like 20 to 30 times I finaly got through with yaesu coustomer service and parts and they said the finals was part number G3090140 and that it cost $62.36 and the driver part number is G3830158 AND THE COST FOR IT IS $18.55 I don't know what to look for when looking up other parts such as the one the other guy in the above post sent me to but that was not it I called and they said it was the wrong part but if I called them back they would match it up for me now I dont know if it is the final or the driver now or not i got to get ahold of danny the guy who gave me the radio to see but thanks for the help if you guys see it cheaper anywere let me know thanks KJ4JBC--Jason
Jason - the part number G3830158 does not show up any where is the service manual. Per the block diagram and schematic diagram Q314 (RD00HVS1) is the actual driver(controlled by the APC circuit). It has the Yaesu part number of S8101419. There are also four Buffer Amps (Q320, Q318, Q317 and Q313) which could play a part in this problem. Do you know which one is or how to locate the defective device? Even after you do locate the defective part and successfully replace it you will have to re-align the TX section of the radio. Do you know how to do this? Do you have the proper test equipment to accomplish a re-alignment? Sorry - not trying to rain on your parade but if you do not know any of these things you may be getting in over your head.
Old 02-14-2009, 9:44 AM

Well Jason - If you are still looking I see one final amp finally showed up on ebay - see below.

PA-Mosfet RD70HVF1 for Yaesu FT-2800M / FT-2800 , Icom - eBay (item 320340966099 end time Feb-16-09 07:04:08 PST)
Old 02-14-2009, 9:45 PM

Quote:
Well Jason - If you are still looking I see one final amp finally showed up on ebay - see below.

PA-Mosfet RD70HVF1 for Yaesu FT-2800M / FT-2800 , Icom - eBay (item 320340966099 end time Feb-16-09 07:04:08 PST)
Hey Thanks for the thought, though but Yes I am still looking but so far that guy wants a fortune for it cause check this out the same one for $27.50 brand new hahaha!!!
RD Transistors by Mitsubishi at RF Parts Company.
I think this is going to be the cheapest one so far, I was just looking today to see if I could find one cheaper than that but it looks like I may be trying to find a needle in a hay stack lol !!! well thanks for your help though if you see it any ware else cheaper before Monday let me know I will get it but if not it looks like I will be getting the 27.50 one but I really want to Thank you for the help though Thanks 73's KJ4JBC --- Jason
Old 02-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Does anyone know were to find a driver for this radio ?
I got the final put it in but it still does the same thing recieves but no transmit.
And someone told me it might be the driver but I googled it and all I come up with is radio reference forum and it is this thread Lol !! Thanks KJ4JBC Jason
Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know were to find a driver for this radio ?
I got the final put it in but it still does the same thing recieves but no transmit.
And someone told me it might be the driver but I googled it and all I come up with is radio reference forum and it is this thread Lol !! Thanks KJ4JBC Jason
If you call DigiKey or Mouser Electronics perhaps they can cross reference the part number to something they may have in stock.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Question

Quote:
If you call DigiKey or Mouser Electronics perhaps they can cross reference the part number to something they may have in stock.
Ok but before I do this could you or someone else tell me what they think might be my problem ??
Here is what happened to the radio.
The guy who gave me the rig told me when he had it working he was in a parking garage and was transmiting on it with the mag mount antenna inside of the Van.
He said it worked for a week or so after that fine and then it stoped transmiting.
So we thought it was the Final so I replaced the final and it still does the same thing it did before I changed the Final, which it receives good but no transmit.
Now I did how ever take my pro-164 and put it on signal stocker and I can here my conversation in another room on simplex frequency by reverseing the repeter frequency
but it will not give enough power to hit the repeters.
So do I need a final Driver or would it be a resistor or somthing ???
Old 02-28-2009, 1:57 PM

I certainly could not speculate on what could cause that to happen as it could be one of virtually a dozen different things that could be responsible. That is like taking your car to an auto mechanic and asking him why does it not start? He has no idea until he gets in into his shop and starts trouble shooting the problem.
Old 02-28-2009, 5:43 PM

Yep that is true.
But were can I find a picture of what the driver looks like cause I have looked but no results ???
Old 02-28-2009, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Yep that is true.
But were can I find a picture of what the driver looks like cause I have looked but no results ???
Sorry but can't help you out on this one - I have no idea.

Do a google search for the specs - perhaps there is a pdf spec sheet online.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Sorry but can't help you out on this one - I have no idea.

Do a google search for the specs - perhaps there is a pdf spec sheet online.
I did that already but the only thing i find is this sight with my thread on it i must be putting in the wrong info or somthing I will try again Thanks