RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Ontario

Ontario Forum for discussing radio information in the province of Ontario.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2012, 6:03 PM
Forts's Avatar
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Strathroy, Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,873
Default

Definitely something not right there. You won't have the same frequency used more than once on any given site.
__________________
Middlesex County/Strathroy-Caradoc Fire Paging Alerts: http://groups.google.com/group/middlesex-fire
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #222 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2012, 6:09 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 573
Default

ok very good, will just use the 3 then. maybe that's why the signal was so poor, but was working ok.
Reply With Quote
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 10-25-2012, 7:27 PM
Jay911's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bragg Creek, Alberta
Posts: 6,549
Default

That's a shortcoming of the RRDB and/or a programming decision in Unitrunker, depending on your point of view. The RRDB does not store LCNs for anything but EDACS and LTR systems.

Because Unitrunker doesn't have knowledge of what LCN a frequency should be (when it's being downloaded from the RRDB), Unitrunker is assigning them numbers sequentially starting from 00-0001.

After you have run Unitrunker for a bit, look in the "Channels" tab for the site. The channels/frequencies the system is actually using will usually have the time being updated on their "last seen" data pretty consistently (if you're actively decoding while watching it). Anything "old", especially if it's got an LCN that doesn't match the others, can be removed (highlight it and hit the minus icon).
Reply With Quote
  #224 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 AM
mbstone99's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye32 View Post
Can confirm not in Cambridge,as I can't even hear the CC. Thats with a outdoor antenna.
This is getting even more interesting. So Site 28 has no signal strength in Cambridge or Hamilton and barely any signal strength in Ancaster and Brantford. If it was in Woodstock I am sure it would be heard at some capacity in both Brantford and London so I would most likely say it's not in Woodstock either. So I am now thinking that Site 28 must be either south or east of Brantford/Hamilton maybe somewhere in Norfolk, Haldimand or Niagara Regions.

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #225 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
That's a shortcoming of the RRDB and/or a programming decision in Unitrunker, depending on your point of view. The RRDB does not store LCNs for anything but EDACS and LTR systems.

Because Unitrunker doesn't have knowledge of what LCN a frequency should be (when it's being downloaded from the RRDB), Unitrunker is assigning them numbers sequentially starting from 00-0001.

After you have run Unitrunker for a bit, look in the "Channels" tab for the site. The channels/frequencies the system is actually using will usually have the time being updated on their "last seen" data pretty consistently (if you're actively decoding while watching it). Anything "old", especially if it's got an LCN that doesn't match the others, can be removed (highlight it and hit the minus icon).
Very true. I wish a bit more info was listed here, but so much other software depends on the click and import methods that seem so standard on software these days. So when you really need to key in info by hand, things fall short. Thanks for the tip also. I will do what you said and remove any out of use freqs.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2012, 3:47 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Windsor
Posts: 740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbstone99 View Post
This is getting even more interesting. So Site 28 has no signal strength in Cambridge or Hamilton and barely any signal strength in Ancaster and Brantford. If it was in Woodstock I am sure it would be heard at some capacity in both Brantford and London so I would most likely say it's not in Woodstock either. So I am now thinking that Site 28 must be either south or east of Brantford/Hamilton maybe somewhere in Norfolk, Haldimand or Niagara Regions.

Matt
Ya i know. Plus I live ina 12 story condo on the top floor with the antenna clear of line of site, nothing at all for site 28. I am over by King and eagle st
__________________
LPE-200, BC898T, BCD996XT, R71A, MCS2000, Saber2000.
Reply With Quote
  #227 (permalink)  
Old 10-26-2012, 7:10 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 573
Default

nevermind, made an error

Last edited by tilt404; 10-26-2012 at 7:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2012, 3:16 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 573
Default

Some activity here in windsor today again on TGID 638 and 639. Interesting RIDs on 638 today though. Usually the norm has been 7 digit ones starting with 415xxxx. Today two on 638 were 105 and 103. Of the 16 RIDs seen so far here with 7 digits, those are the first with just 3 digits.
Reply With Quote
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,212
Default

Any new info on site numbers in the "gaps", and any outside of South/West/
Central Ontario?

Dave
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 3:18 PM
Forts's Avatar
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Strathroy, Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,873
Default

Nothing new my way... Still trying to narrow down where Site 28 is. I was south of the 402 by Putnam a few weeks back and had the control channel at 2 to 3 bars on my Pro-106 and it seemed to be getting stronger as I headed south... So I'm thinking over Tillsonburg way perhaps? Really not sure. I ended up heading west to St Thomas and it started to drop off right away.
__________________
Middlesex County/Strathroy-Caradoc Fire Paging Alerts: http://groups.google.com/group/middlesex-fire
Reply With Quote
  #231 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 3:25 PM
mbstone99's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forts View Post
Nothing new my way... Still trying to narrow down where Site 28 is. I was south of the 402 by Putnam a few weeks back and had the control channel at 2 to 3 bars on my Pro-106 and it seemed to be getting stronger as I headed south... So I'm thinking over Tillsonburg way perhaps? Really not sure. I ended up heading west to St Thomas and it started to drop off right away.
I have been wondering about site 28 as was going to post an inquiry about it too. I was thinking maybe it was down towards Haldimand/Norfolk or even Niagara but then again if you getting it 2-3 out that way and around 1-2 bars out this way, out towards Tilsonburg could be close.

Does anyone know if there are any sites down Niagara Way?

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #232 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 6:38 PM
ve3tej's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

RCMP used to have a repeater on the silos in Courtland. This is halfway between Tilsonburg and Delhi on highway 3
Reply With Quote
  #233 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2013, 6:52 PM
MikeOxlong's Avatar
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Central Ontario
Posts: 6,318
Default

Was that the old 140.730mhz repeater?
__________________
Mike.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Reply With Quote
  #234 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
ve3tej's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

no it was or is still the 421

They have a nice 8 bay uhf in the air
Reply With Quote
  #235 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Muxlow's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Middlesex County
Posts: 1,659
Default

Today off of site 1 london i have had users join and make calls on TG 91 and 95. Of course ENC
__________________
Muxlow
..Yeah iv got some radios
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #236 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 3:35 PM
Muxlow's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Middlesex County
Posts: 1,659
Default

Also have hits on
10, 11, 41, 91, 95, 401, 701
But 91 and 95 have had the most action today from radio 4155458 and 4133285
__________________
Muxlow
..Yeah iv got some radios
Reply With Quote
  #237 (permalink)  
Old 01-21-2013, 7:54 PM
mbstone99's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 907
Default

Anyone know where site 4 is? According to the database it's a neighbour of King City (site 9). Has anyone tried to locate this one?

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #238 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
mbstone99's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 907
Default New site 35

Well it looks like Hamilton has a site now. I was scanning tonight at the edge of the Hamilton mountain and heard Site 35 on 421.1125 at 5 bars. Even at home in Ancaster I still can hear it at around 2-3 bars.

I did also hear the CC for site 17, 23 & 24 (Toronto and PIA sites) at 2 bars and site 9 (King City) at 1 bar from my mountain scanning.

Matt
Reply With Quote
  #239 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2013, 1:50 PM
EJB's Avatar
EJB EJB is offline
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Halton Region Aldershot
Posts: 2,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbstone99 View Post
Well it looks like Hamilton has a site now. I was scanning tonight at the edge of the Hamilton mountain and heard Site 35 on 421.1125 at 5 bars. Even at home in Ancaster I still can hear it at around 2-3 bars.

I did also hear the CC for site 17, 23 & 24 (Toronto and PIA sites) at 2 bars and site 9 (King City) at 1 bar from my mountain scanning.

Matt
Full signal here in Aldershot
Reply With Quote
  #240 (permalink)  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
mbstone99's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 907
Default Site 28 & 35

Up here in Ancaster I am currently hearing Site 28 on a new frequency 421.5875 and Site 35 is still on 421.1125. Also to note Site 28 (2 bars) is coming in stronger then Site 35 (1 bar). I am wondering if Site 35 be a little more towards Burlington as EJB had it full strength in Aldershot? I haven't had a chance yet to see if Site 35 is as strong in downtown Hamilton as up on the mountain edge. I would also love to know where Site 28 is. That one is really baffling me.

Matthew
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions