RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Ontario

Ontario Forum for discussing radio information in the province of Ontario.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 6:03 PM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Definitely something not right there. You won't have the same frequency used more than once on any given site.
Old 10-25-2012, 6:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

ok very good, will just use the 3 then. maybe that's why the signal was so poor, but was working ok.
Old 10-25-2012, 7:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

That's a shortcoming of the RRDB and/or a programming decision in Unitrunker, depending on your point of view. The RRDB does not store LCNs for anything but EDACS and LTR systems.

Because Unitrunker doesn't have knowledge of what LCN a frequency should be (when it's being downloaded from the RRDB), Unitrunker is assigning them numbers sequentially starting from 00-0001.

After you have run Unitrunker for a bit, look in the "Channels" tab for the site. The channels/frequencies the system is actually using will usually have the time being updated on their "last seen" data pretty consistently (if you're actively decoding while watching it). Anything "old", especially if it's got an LCN that doesn't match the others, can be removed (highlight it and hit the minus icon).
Old 10-26-2012, 12:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye32 View Post
Can confirm not in Cambridge,as I can't even hear the CC. Thats with a outdoor antenna.
This is getting even more interesting. So Site 28 has no signal strength in Cambridge or Hamilton and barely any signal strength in Ancaster and Brantford. If it was in Woodstock I am sure it would be heard at some capacity in both Brantford and London so I would most likely say it's not in Woodstock either. So I am now thinking that Site 28 must be either south or east of Brantford/Hamilton maybe somewhere in Norfolk, Haldimand or Niagara Regions.

Matt
Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
That's a shortcoming of the RRDB and/or a programming decision in Unitrunker, depending on your point of view. The RRDB does not store LCNs for anything but EDACS and LTR systems.

Because Unitrunker doesn't have knowledge of what LCN a frequency should be (when it's being downloaded from the RRDB), Unitrunker is assigning them numbers sequentially starting from 00-0001.

After you have run Unitrunker for a bit, look in the "Channels" tab for the site. The channels/frequencies the system is actually using will usually have the time being updated on their "last seen" data pretty consistently (if you're actively decoding while watching it). Anything "old", especially if it's got an LCN that doesn't match the others, can be removed (highlight it and hit the minus icon).
Very true. I wish a bit more info was listed here, but so much other software depends on the click and import methods that seem so standard on software these days. So when you really need to key in info by hand, things fall short. Thanks for the tip also. I will do what you said and remove any out of use freqs.
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2012, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbstone99 View Post
This is getting even more interesting. So Site 28 has no signal strength in Cambridge or Hamilton and barely any signal strength in Ancaster and Brantford. If it was in Woodstock I am sure it would be heard at some capacity in both Brantford and London so I would most likely say it's not in Woodstock either. So I am now thinking that Site 28 must be either south or east of Brantford/Hamilton maybe somewhere in Norfolk, Haldimand or Niagara Regions.

Matt
Ya i know. Plus I live ina 12 story condo on the top floor with the antenna clear of line of site, nothing at all for site 28. I am over by King and eagle st
Old 10-26-2012, 7:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

nevermind, made an error

Last edited by tilt404; 10-26-2012 at 7:14 PM..
Old 10-29-2012, 3:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Some activity here in windsor today again on TGID 638 and 639. Interesting RIDs on 638 today though. Usually the norm has been 7 digit ones starting with 415xxxx. Today two on 638 were 105 and 103. Of the 16 RIDs seen so far here with 7 digits, those are the first with just 3 digits.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Any new info on site numbers in the "gaps", and any outside of South/West/
Central Ontario?

Dave
Sponsored links
Old 01-17-2013, 3:18 PM
Mentor
Database Admin

Nothing new my way... Still trying to narrow down where Site 28 is. I was south of the 402 by Putnam a few weeks back and had the control channel at 2 to 3 bars on my Pro-106 and it seemed to be getting stronger as I headed south... So I'm thinking over Tillsonburg way perhaps? Really not sure. I ended up heading west to St Thomas and it started to drop off right away.
Old 01-17-2013, 3:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forts View Post
Nothing new my way... Still trying to narrow down where Site 28 is. I was south of the 402 by Putnam a few weeks back and had the control channel at 2 to 3 bars on my Pro-106 and it seemed to be getting stronger as I headed south... So I'm thinking over Tillsonburg way perhaps? Really not sure. I ended up heading west to St Thomas and it started to drop off right away.
I have been wondering about site 28 as was going to post an inquiry about it too. I was thinking maybe it was down towards Haldimand/Norfolk or even Niagara but then again if you getting it 2-3 out that way and around 1-2 bars out this way, out towards Tilsonburg could be close.

Does anyone know if there are any sites down Niagara Way?

Matt
Old 01-17-2013, 6:38 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

RCMP used to have a repeater on the silos in Courtland. This is halfway between Tilsonburg and Delhi on highway 3
Old 01-17-2013, 6:52 PM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
Database Admin

Was that the old 140.730mhz repeater?

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

no it was or is still the 421

They have a nice 8 bay uhf in the air
Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Today off of site 1 london i have had users join and make calls on TG 91 and 95. Of course ENC
Sponsored links
Old 01-21-2013, 3:35 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Also have hits on
10, 11, 41, 91, 95, 401, 701
But 91 and 95 have had the most action today from radio 4155458 and 4133285
Old 01-21-2013, 7:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Anyone know where site 4 is? According to the database it's a neighbour of King City (site 9). Has anyone tried to locate this one?

Matt
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default New site 35

Well it looks like Hamilton has a site now. I was scanning tonight at the edge of the Hamilton mountain and heard Site 35 on 421.1125 at 5 bars. Even at home in Ancaster I still can hear it at around 2-3 bars.

I did also hear the CC for site 17, 23 & 24 (Toronto and PIA sites) at 2 bars and site 9 (King City) at 1 bar from my mountain scanning.

Matt
Old 02-17-2013, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbstone99 View Post
Well it looks like Hamilton has a site now. I was scanning tonight at the edge of the Hamilton mountain and heard Site 35 on 421.1125 at 5 bars. Even at home in Ancaster I still can hear it at around 2-3 bars.

I did also hear the CC for site 17, 23 & 24 (Toronto and PIA sites) at 2 bars and site 9 (King City) at 1 bar from my mountain scanning.

Matt
Full signal here in Aldershot
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Site 28 & 35

Up here in Ancaster I am currently hearing Site 28 on a new frequency 421.5875 and Site 35 is still on 421.1125. Also to note Site 28 (2 bars) is coming in stronger then Site 35 (1 bar). I am wondering if Site 35 be a little more towards Burlington as EJB had it full strength in Aldershot? I haven't had a chance yet to see if Site 35 is as strong in downtown Hamilton as up on the mountain edge. I would also love to know where Site 28 is. That one is really baffling me.

Matthew