CPIC down

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtoscanning

Get Real!

due to fire in Ottawa

Are you kidding me? Were are the fires that area causing the issue (ISP hib or CPIC server facilitites?), your telling me CPIC is down for the entire freakin' country? Are you saying there is only one server site?

WTF... sorry... dumb people urk me...

newtoscanning

Pissy Cops

Just listening to some cops in 51, they are not impressed about CPIC being down, unfortunatly some are taking their anger our on the dispatchers.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Alberta RCMP telecoms brought some services back up about an hour ago, but they were off the hook for most of the afternoon. Not just CPIC but the whole enchilada - PROS, the mobile workstations, and all.

That to me sounds like someone took advantage of CPIC crapping itself and took everything in K division down for a "maintenance outage".

Jay911

Feed Provider
CPIC is the Canadian Police Information Centre. It is where all the police information about anyone in the country who has a "record" goes. It's a gigantic database of information, not only on criminals and others with violation history, but other information pertinent to police business. I understand the main data center is in Ottawa.

In the USA, the equivalent is NCIC (the National Crime Information Center).

Whenever you hear a police officer wanting to "run" someone or something, he wants the dispatcher (or whoever) to do a search on that person or item in the CPIC or NCIC database.

Jay911

Feed Provider
so when the do the C.N,I that is through cpic

That's how I understand it. CNI = Criminal Name Index (I think). Driver's license and vehicle inquiries are done through that but I'm not sure if there's a link to the provincial DMVs or if the information is stored in CPIC machines.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Last night St.Thomas police said they had cpic back for a few so they ran as many as they could for a little bit, then it went away again.
Also.. anyone have any idea what SPARK is. Well thats how they say it on the radio so who knows how its spelt. Its St.Thomas's mobile computers.. just wondering what spark stands for

newtoscanning

Last night St.Thomas police said they had cpic back for a few so they ran as many as they could for a little bit, then it went away again.
Also.. anyone have any idea what SPARK is. Well thats how they say it on the radio so who knows how its spelt. Its St.Thomas's mobile computers.. just wondering what spark stands for

Doubt it but: Ignite Realtime: Spark IM Client

from acronym finder: Single Parents Raising Kids lol... doubt it even more!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin

As far as I know, it's just the mobile data system they use... kinda like London Police use... umm.. aw crap now I can't remember the name of it haha.

newtoscanning

Priceless.

Oops, I didn't proof read my verbal diarrhea I posted on a scanning forum, let the language gods strike me down with fierce vengeance.

Please allow me to correct myself:
"Are you kidding me? Where are the fire(s) that are causing the issue(s); possibly the ISP hub or CPIC server facilities? You're telling me CPIC is down for the entire freakin' country? Are you saying there is only one server site?"

(I guess you don't know the slang verb URK: Urban Dictionary: urk)

jellotor

(I guess you don't know the slang verb URK: Urban Dictionary: urk)

I'm pretty sure you're talking about IRK, which ain't no slang verb where I come from.

And I'm also pretty sure that no one's expecting you to use Queen's English 'round these parts, but by now I would have thought most people realize that poor spelling/grammar + the intarweb = ridicule.

Andy just happens to be the instrument of this natural phenomenon. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.