Suggestions for Using Hand Held In the Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

_jabber_

Looking for suggestions in keeping my scanner in place when mobile. The cup holder doesn't really do the trick... The plate holder at home works great.. I'm sure you guys can come up with some good suggestions, add pictures if you can .. Thanks

unlisted

sku_44741_1_small.jpg

DealExtreme: $6.60 Universal Car Windshield Swivel Mount Dock for PDA Cell Phones/MP3/MP4/GPS (5.5~12.5cm)

Price: $6.60 (shipped to your door)

Or poke around here, you may find something more suitable. Probably the most inexpensive solution IMO.
Buy Car Mount, Discount Car Windshield Mount, Device Holders on Sale - DealExtreme

KD8OVN

My PRO-106 clips nicely onto the sun visor. Controls are easy to access and the audio is nice and loud too. The only time it sucks is when I need to use the sun visor, but it is cheap and effective!

Tony

apd3190

I just put some velcro on the back of my radio and placed it on an open area of the dash. holds very secure and accessible.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Keep in mind Bill 118 in Ontario, $155 for using a handheld electronic device in a vehicle.

jellotor

Don't know the specifics of the law anymore but a long time ago I opted for a couple of PanaVise UltraGrips and mounted them with a simple bracket. Had to pop my dash off but it was a simple (1 screw) installation.

At the time I think an UltraGrip was $25. Got 'em from a cell installer in Stoney Creek.

martyjess

handheld scanner

I usually bring my BC250D in my vehicle, does it mean that if I get stopped by police they will confiscate my scanner??

Will I get a fine??

martyjess

handheld in a car

Well I just read the bill 118.

It say's: Illigal to HOLD and use a handheld device in a vehicle,

But, If properly installed and attached somewhere in your car, I beleive It's OK.

Just like a cell phone, Illigal to use, but OK if using a hand free device..

So yeap, I will keep bringing my handheld in my car, fun fun..

East_Algoma

I got a holder , which kinda looks like UNLISTED'S photo...a tad more simple design , I got mine at a dollar store...it clips into the vents front dashboard ( Ac heat vent or cool air return ) Anyways at the over prized cost of 99 cents....Ive had mine for 4 yrs now,....think I got ripped off.,...speaking of , I saw a guy on Ebay selling my lil 99 cent holder for 9.99 !

_jabber_

Hey Guys!!! Thanks for the suggestions! I see some interesting ones. I'm going to make a trip to 2Dollarama and Crappy Tire to see what I can come up.. I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks again

Keganm

Premium Subscriber
The RAM Composite Universal Finger Grip™ Holder...

I have one of these in my tow truck and one in my personal truck both with the suction cup mounts. My windshield is more likely to fall out first before the scanner falls out of the mount. Best money I've ever spent. Its a more expensive option to consider, but well worth it. I have suggested this mount to numerous co-workers and those who have purchased one have been nothing but impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.