Region of Waterloo EMS dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihearsirens

Anyone else notice that EMS cambridge dispatch has been dispatching different places lately such as Guelph,orangeville, even heard call share with mississauga? Anyone know reason for this? Thank you

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Cambridge has dispatched for Guelph and Orangeville for many, many years.

Ihearsirens

You will have to bear with me I listen to scanner app on iPhone now, 20 years ago I had scanners of my own but wife and kids got in way:). I'm guessing something must have been added to live feed recently. Lot more activity in last three weeks

69stiles

Cambridge CACC has 2 primary talkgroups.
CamSouth for Waterloo Region & CamNorth for what you've been listening to which is Wellington County

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

They call share all the time with Halton, Brant and Hamilton all the time.

tmbstn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice that EMS cambridge dispatch has been dispatching different places lately such as Guelph,orangeville, even heard call share with mississauga? Anyone know reason for this? Thank you[/Quote}

I monitor Waterloo Region EMS (Cambridge CACC). I too have heard an increase in "Call-Shares", and dispatches to Guelph, Puslinch TWP, Orangeville, Stratford,ect. So you are not hearing things. It has only been in the last week or two. I never heard calls/dispatches for Guelph, and I live in Kitchener. It must be to a increase in call volume, or maybe too many units held in ED due to offload.

Boatboy

Premium Subscriber
Cambridge CACC

The dispatches for Wellington County as well as call sharing are nothing new at all, been listening to them for years. Call shares are sometimes enacted for calls that are on the outer reaches of one region or the other. They dispatch a unit from both regions and they continue until they arrive on scene or are called off by the first unit on scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.