Programming CK and Lambont EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossfire291

I wiped my scanner about a month ago in order to clean things up a bit. There are a few agencies that I haven't programmed back into the scanner yet.

I am currently trying to program CK and Lambton EMS, but seem to be having a lot of trouble compared to last time I programed them. I also have Toronto Fire on my scanner again and they came in loud and clear on the week end in T.O.

I programmed the freqs, then the TGID's. I found out I displaced a couple number in the TGID's. I now went to correct the mistakes, and am unable to. I first tried to input over the TGID's, and when that didn't work, I deleted them, and tried to enter them fresh. I can't, I get told they are bad TGID's.

Also, I am set up for 800/900 splinter, I think that's what I had last time. Also, what fleetmap should I have? Custom, or preset? Anything else you can think of to help me get back on track would be great!

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Boy I had to read that twice... I thought you said you were getting Toronto Fire in Chatham over the weekend. That would be impressive! Sort of related to that I have UniTrunker logging the new London P25 system (which has a common frequency with one of the Toronto Public Safety sites) and for a few hours it was picking them up and logging them (from Strathroy!). That's a solid 200kms + as the crow flies. I couldn't believe when I saw that.

Anywhoo... If you need any further help with EMS just give me a shout and I'll see if I can help you out again.

crossfire291

Thanks guys.

Forts, I wish it were possible for me to get Toronto Fire from here! Sorry for the confusion as well. I was driving on the 401 to London a few days ago, and a possible structure fire came through in Chatham. I was picking CK Fire up till about Iona Rd. where the signal strength dropped off the map.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Hey, on the old Toronto Fire UHF system, I used to listen to them daily on my portable some 150km away. I remember Peel Police (VHF) on a portable scanner when the weather was just right too!

crossfire291

Boy I had to read that twice... I thought you said you were getting Toronto Fire in Chatham over the weekend. That would be impressive! Sort of related to that I have UniTrunker logging the new London P25 system (which has a common frequency with one of the Toronto Public Safety sites) and for a few hours it was picking them up and logging them (from Strathroy!). That's a solid 200kms + as the crow flies. I couldn't believe when I saw that.

Anywhoo... If you need any further help with EMS just give me a shout and I'll see if I can help you out again.

I seem to have a terrible time with Fleetnet and my scanner. To re-cap, my scanner is a Uni BC346. Just got it back from having a butt load of repairs done. It's basically refurbished now. I have to get C-K & Lambton EMS back on this thing, and can't seem to get it working.

I need to know what to set my fleetmap as, preset, or custom.

Set Status Bit to "yes", or "Ignor"?

Set End Code, "yes", or "ignor"?

Last time it seems I was told that my band plan should be set to VHF, but I don't see that as an option, just800/900 Standar, 800 Splinter, and Custom.

I'm also going to be in Sarnia on Friday. I've never actually listened to Lambton EMS while in Sarnia, on this scanner. Should I still be able to listen to Lambont EMS on the Wallaceburg site, or should I program 31SARN as well?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Are you programming with software or by hand? For Fleetnet you will want to create a Motorola Type II system with a custom bandplan:

Lower freq: 141.0150
Upper freq: 143.9850
Step: 15
Offset: 380

If you are going to be in Sarnia proper then I would program in Site 31 as well. You will get EMS on both sites, but obviously have better signal off the Sarnia tower.

crossfire291

Are you programming with software or by hand? For Fleetnet you will want to create a Motorola Type II system with a custom bandplan:

Lower freq: 141.0150
Upper freq: 143.9850
Step: 15
Offset: 380

If you are going to be in Sarnia proper then I would program in Site 31 as well. You will get EMS on both sites, but obviously have better signal off the Sarnia tower.

I've done it the exact way that your thread told me to. Nothing. I've been out in C-K this morning, and I'm not even getting bars on for c-k ems. Both control freqs are good.

I remeber doing it the same way last time, and getting it after finding a transposed number, but everything seems in order this time, and should be working.

VE3JSO

i have sarnia site programmed in and i can't get kent ems on the sarnia tower and i think the closest tower to kent county is just out of range to me

Status
Not open for further replies.