RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Ontario

Ontario Forum for discussing radio information in the province of Ontario.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 8:30 AM

Default Programming CK and Lambont EMS

I wiped my scanner about a month ago in order to clean things up a bit. There are a few agencies that I haven't programmed back into the scanner yet.

I am currently trying to program CK and Lambton EMS, but seem to be having a lot of trouble compared to last time I programed them. I also have Toronto Fire on my scanner again and they came in loud and clear on the week end in T.O.

I programmed the freqs, then the TGID's. I found out I displaced a couple number in the TGID's. I now went to correct the mistakes, and am unable to. I first tried to input over the TGID's, and when that didn't work, I deleted them, and tried to enter them fresh. I can't, I get told they are bad TGID's.

Also, I am set up for 800/900 splinter, I think that's what I had last time. Also, what fleetmap should I have? Custom, or preset? Anything else you can think of to help me get back on track would be great!
Old 06-21-2012, 9:55 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

MOH are not 800 MHz. They are VHF.

Refer back to the March 2012 posts you had with Forts: Uni346xt & ck edacs

Posts 14 & 15
Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mciupa View Post
MOH are not 800 MHz. They are VHF.

Refer back to the March 2012 posts you had with Forts: Uni346xt & ck edacs

Posts 14 & 15
Thanks, I forgot about that thread :P

I don't seem to remember how, or where to put the custom freqs for the system.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Database Admin

It should be pretty much the same as a 396XT.
I'd give these instructions a try. (also provided by Forts)

Programming your Uniden 396XT etc for Bell Fleetnet
Old 06-21-2012, 2:26 PM
Mentor
Database Admin

Boy I had to read that twice... I thought you said you were getting Toronto Fire in Chatham over the weekend. That would be impressive! Sort of related to that I have UniTrunker logging the new London P25 system (which has a common frequency with one of the Toronto Public Safety sites) and for a few hours it was picking them up and logging them (from Strathroy!). That's a solid 200kms + as the crow flies. I couldn't believe when I saw that.

Anywhoo... If you need any further help with EMS just give me a shout and I'll see if I can help you out again.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:05 AM

Thanks guys.

Forts, I wish it were possible for me to get Toronto Fire from here! Sorry for the confusion as well. I was driving on the 401 to London a few days ago, and a possible structure fire came through in Chatham. I was picking CK Fire up till about Iona Rd. where the signal strength dropped off the map.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hey, on the old Toronto Fire UHF system, I used to listen to them daily on my portable some 150km away. I remember Peel Police (VHF) on a portable scanner when the weather was just right too!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forts View Post
Boy I had to read that twice... I thought you said you were getting Toronto Fire in Chatham over the weekend. That would be impressive! Sort of related to that I have UniTrunker logging the new London P25 system (which has a common frequency with one of the Toronto Public Safety sites) and for a few hours it was picking them up and logging them (from Strathroy!). That's a solid 200kms + as the crow flies. I couldn't believe when I saw that.

Anywhoo... If you need any further help with EMS just give me a shout and I'll see if I can help you out again.
I seem to have a terrible time with Fleetnet and my scanner. To re-cap, my scanner is a Uni BC346. Just got it back from having a butt load of repairs done. It's basically refurbished now. I have to get C-K & Lambton EMS back on this thing, and can't seem to get it working.

I need to know what to set my fleetmap as, preset, or custom.

Set Status Bit to "yes", or "Ignor"?

Set End Code, "yes", or "ignor"?

Last time it seems I was told that my band plan should be set to VHF, but I don't see that as an option, just800/900 Standar, 800 Splinter, and Custom.

I'm also going to be in Sarnia on Friday. I've never actually listened to Lambton EMS while in Sarnia, on this scanner. Should I still be able to listen to Lambont EMS on the Wallaceburg site, or should I program 31SARN as well?
Old 03-22-2013, 7:52 AM
Mentor
Database Admin

Are you programming with software or by hand? For Fleetnet you will want to create a Motorola Type II system with a custom bandplan:

Lower freq: 141.0150
Upper freq: 143.9850
Step: 15
Offset: 380

If you are going to be in Sarnia proper then I would program in Site 31 as well. You will get EMS on both sites, but obviously have better signal off the Sarnia tower.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forts View Post
Are you programming with software or by hand? For Fleetnet you will want to create a Motorola Type II system with a custom bandplan:

Lower freq: 141.0150
Upper freq: 143.9850
Step: 15
Offset: 380

If you are going to be in Sarnia proper then I would program in Site 31 as well. You will get EMS on both sites, but obviously have better signal off the Sarnia tower.
I've done it the exact way that your thread told me to. Nothing. I've been out in C-K this morning, and I'm not even getting bars on for c-k ems. Both control freqs are good.

I remeber doing it the same way last time, and getting it after finding a transposed number, but everything seems in order this time, and should be working.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i have sarnia site programmed in and i can't get kent ems on the sarnia tower and i think the closest tower to kent county is just out of range to me