Airnav Radarbox Pics are in.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
So, I fixed my install this evening, adjusted the antenna and sealed/waterproofed my connections.

Below is the result. After only 5 mins you can obeserve my polar diagram and the ranges I am seeing. I anticipate this to grow large over the next day.... I will post more pics every 8 hours or so on the progress of my range....

After 5 mins by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

mciupa

Beautiful range, so many spikes. Sudbury, Kingston, into Ohio, Michigan etc...

Not to put a damper on this but I can't help but notice that you have a dead zone due east. Any idea why?

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Beautiful range, so many spikes. Sudbury, Kingston, into Ohio, Michigan etc...

Not to put a damper on this but I can't help but notice that you have a dead zone due east. Any idea why?

Hey bud, as I said, I only took that screenshot after 5 mins...There have been no aircraft out that way for some reason. I have a clear view to the east, so I anticipate that to round out overnight/tomorrow.

Cheers,

Jason

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
How do you distinguish between the network and the aircraft your radarbox is receiving? (newbie radarbox user with no network subscription).

I am receiving around 35 to 50 nm., according to the radar rings, with the included antenna. I just placed a order with Dave for a DPD antenna. Look forward to the increased range. 200nm is alot farther than I would have guessed for reception.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I am very very jealous ! whats the difference between what you have and the Airnav Live Flight Tracker?

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
How do you distinguish between the network and the aircraft your radarbox is receiving? (newbie radarbox user with no network subscription).

I am receiving around 35 to 50 nm., according to the radar rings, with the included antenna. I just placed a order with Dave for a DPD antenna. Look forward to the increased range. 200nm is alot farther than I would have guessed for reception.

Network traffic is always distinguished by a "*" after the flight ID. I paid for the real time network feed as well, so in case my antenna misses something, hopefully someone else will catch it!

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I am very very jealous ! whats the difference between what you have and the Airnav Live Flight Tracker?

I believe the Airnav Flight tracker is purely run off a network feed. The Airnav Rdarbox you actually get the hardware and have real time data from your surrounding area.

WA4HHG

Premium Subscriber
Fantastic ! What software/hardware is it ?

I thought AIRNAV was very interesting. Can you describe what you're using just a bit. I wonder if it will
work with Military Aircraft flying within civilian airspace?

Best
Chuck Rippel
Groundwave to NAS Oceana, NAS Norfolk, GIANTKILLER, Dare Bombing Range, USCG AIRSTA E. City

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
So here is one last pic taken at 6PM EST, Sept 11.
I have zoomed out quite a bit so you can see the entire polar diagram and just how far I am receiving signals. I still anticipate this to expand a little bit more...... If anyone has any questions, advice, or anything else, I am all ears.

6PM EST Sept 11 by CYYZGUY, on Flickr

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
You should correct the time on the software i see the 6pm shot says 22:00 hours... But amazing non the less...

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Is there a better contrast between the black land and dark blue water ?

Hey Path..you can setup whatever colour combo you want....If you see the screen in person, there is actually a pretty good contrast between the blue water and the dark brown terrain. May not be so apparent in the screenshot.........

The next project is running another line to put my VHF Air antenna up there as well.....

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Just wanted to report back now that I have had the DPD Productions ADSB antenna:

DPD Productions - VHF Air/Aviation Band, ACARS & ADS-B (SBS / RadarBox) Antennas for Commercial & Hobbyist Applications

My Range has nearly doubled, I am now reaching out to 70+ NM. I am very pleased with my purchase and recommend this antenna. Thanks Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.