Bell Fleetneet Zone 2 Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering is there a list of what talk groups are on each tower?
I'm primarily looking for Harrowsmith and Morton towers.

Thanks

I did this for a few of the towers that I listen and have some knowledge on but cant help you for anything Zone 2.

Sometimes I doubt that half of the members here even know that there is a wiki area much less a database.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The problem is that talkgroups aren't specifically tied to a single tower, or group of towers (for the most part, there are exceptions). The best thing you can do is just monitor those sites and you will pretty quickly see which ones are the regulars and which ones only appear occasionally.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I say put them all in, and not worry about it. Zone 2 isn't as large as Zone 1 so all the talkgroups will be able to fit into one system. What I do is is, I make up one system for OPP/MNR/EMS with just the control channels for Zone 2, then make up a separate system with all the same frequencies and use it for for MTO only and put it on Scan Mode

Or i'll just put in the control frequencies in seperate systems for each tower, and put all talkgroups into each system and put it on Search mode, Either way works. Again, there's lots of space to put all zone 2 talkgroups into one system so I would do that and not worry about it. Nothing much ever changes really out in Zone 2 anyways.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
I say put them all in, and not worry about it. Zone 2 isn't as large as Zone 1 so all the talkgroups will be able to fit into one system. What I do is is, I make up one system for OPP/MNR/EMS with just the control channels for Zone 2, then make up a separate system with all the same frequencies and use it for for MTO only and put it on Scan Mode

Or i'll just put in the control frequencies in seperate systems for each tower, and put all talkgroups into each system and put it on Search mode, Either way works. Again, there's lots of space to put all zone 2 talkgroups into one system so I would do that and not worry about it. Nothing much ever changes really out in Zone 2 anyways.

In a BCD396XT/996XT would you set up 1 system with all the Control Channels together in 1 site or set up a different site for each tower?

Thanks..Kirk

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You can do it both ways. However in the xt versions I think you can put all frequencies into one system and it will listen to all control channels unlike the 396t version where it only listens for the closest frequency that is active for a control channel, depending on the order that you program. Therefore eliminating the need for multiple systems in an area such as Zone 2.

In a BCD396XT/996XT would you set up 1 system with all the Control Channels together in 1 site or set up a different site for each tower?

Thanks..Kirk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.