New changes in windsor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilt404

Late last night I noticed some odd TGID's pop up in the Windsor P25 system:

Windsor Public Safety Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Very high number TGID's compared to the current ones, and one of the radio ID's flashed quick but I could of swore it reminded me of a opp RID but wasn't. Mainly due to it high RID number. Wasn't encrypted and sounded like them. Another one wasn't encrypted and sounded like they were running a plate.

So I ran Unitrunker and Pro96com over night on this system and just started to look at the results. Pro96com doesn't have much out of the ordinary, but Unitrunker had several new 'sites' pop up. The Windsor site is BEE00-2D3, but it had another one, BEE00-001 pop up and 00001-001. The 00001-001 was more interesting since it logged a lot of radio ID's and a couple TGID's, both close to the ones I heard last night on the windsor system.

Last night I heard new TGID's 145 and 304 on the windsor system, that new site log for 00001-001 showed TGID's 146 and 308 in use. The radio ID's were high, 27134 and many more with 27xxx, also a 32474. No RIDs in the current windsor system are in that range. In the windsor system though, for the site window it actually showed one of these new sites as a peer, the BEE00-001 and called it site 004-004, Control 00-1244 858.78125MHz. In another of the sites, it showed the other two as peers. In all the scanning I did with unitrunker in the past, no peers ever showed up.

For the 00001-001 site it shows 5 frequencies in its own site window. Only one matches a frequency for the windsor system, 866.4375 with a different LCN. For the other new site BEE00-001 it shows 5 frequencies in use, This is the one that logged more RIDs and TGIDs. It shares the same common 866.4375 with the other two and shows it as the CC.

I attached a photo to kind of show some of the details. There you can see the two new systems above the windsor one. Also the two new site windows, with their frequencies in use. Mainly the 00001-001 site with its TGID/RID's.

I have to look deeper and look up these new frequencies and see if they are listed at IC or even in use across the border in the US. I was able to hear those two new TGID's last night, one was mixed encrypted and open. But I believe they came from 00001-001 due to how it unitrunker logged such similar TGID and RIDs. Since Mike O was so helpful yesterday, I thought I would post here and see what he thinks.

I just uploaded a different screen cap where you can see the TGID and RIDs in the new system better. All the windsor site frequencies are listed on the top right also which were open in pro96com.

Attachments

• systems2 - Copy.jpg
    systems2 - Copy.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You were picking up Site 1 and Site 3 of London's P25 system (00001-001). Talkgroup 146 is London Police, 308 is Solid Waste (garbage). With these dense foggy nights there has been some interesting skip happening. I've been picking up stuff out of Oxford County like it's right next door.

I don't know who the BEE001 system belongs to.

tilt404

I think I figured it out, conditions have been good here lately at picking up distant stations, repeaters, and stuff. I found some of the frequencies listed in the main site that had the most RID's, TGIDs, was from London's P25 system:

London Public Safety Trunking System, London, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Some of the TGIDs match up with their police service. The other ones I heard on my scanner last night were from their 'streets' and 'solid waste' TGIDs. The other two picked up were from the London Police 'core' and 'fringe' TGIDs. Its not uncommon for me to pick up London repeaters here.

tilt404

Thanks Forts, yup just discovered that. I was making a comment as you commented. 200kms away isn't bad. Glad it wasn't something added to the windsor system but kind of odd our systems share some of the same frequencies. I had my scanner in wildcard mode which is like 'search' mode on uniden scanners. So that's why I heard those TGIDs last night. Odd the police one I heard was in the clear though. I'll put in that whole system today and see what comes up tonight, but the nice conditions are kind of fading. Glad I found the answer. Nice how unitrunker picks up stuff like this where pro96com just keeps its head to the chalkboard.

I should of took some time to look up the frequencies before posting since I just woke up. Just took a second to find the answer. Any admin can delete this thread if they wish. My apologies for not taking the time to just search the frequencies first. I was just thrown from these showing up as peers and sharing similar frequencies.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yeah the skip can cause some really odd things to happen sometimes.. the biggest issue I'm having right now is that on my local Fleetnet tower (Site 18), one of the voice channels is a control channel at another site. So as my Home Patrol is scanning it stops on a voice transmission on Site 18, but when the transmission ends the channel hangs open and I can hear the control channel from the other site... and it will sit there like that until another transmission comes along on Site 18. It's *really* annoying at 3am :)

tilt404

Ah, haven't had that happen here with my psr800 but I know ours work a bit differently. At least in terms of 'search' in systems. When I woke up and saw all these new pop up windows on unitrunker for new systems I didn't know what was up. I've been noticing it on the ham radio though since this fog has been with us here the past 3 days or so. Its why I often run unitrunker and pro96com side by side. Pro96com is easier to read and go through, but unitrunker is a sort of capture all it hears and sees sort of thing, so I like being able to see the extra stuff it captures. Not all of it is important, but nice to have.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yeah the skip can cause some really odd things to happen sometimes.. the biggest issue I'm having right now is that on my local Fleetnet tower (Site 18), one of the voice channels is a control channel at another site. So as my Home Patrol is scanning it stops on a voice transmission on Site 18, but when the transmission ends the channel hangs open and I can hear the control channel from the other site... and it will sit there like that until another transmission comes along on Site 18. It's *really* annoying at 3am :)

I can't remember if the HomePatrol supports non control channel scanning but if it does, you could try using the attenuator on that frequency only.

If it doesn't, then you'll have to attenuate the whole site or live with it.

The good news is I've found the voice frequencies that are used as control channels elsewhere are usually not part of the rotation unless the site gets real busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.