Another new P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I found SID 04f8h-0101 on 866.9625

I'm having unitrunker monitor it right now.
APCO P25 BEE00-4f8 (1272)

LCN 00-2513 866.7125
LCN 00-2553 866.9625

Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You didn't specify where you heard this but if from Orangeville, I might suspect Peel Region...

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Have any talkgroups been seen on here? Given the SmartX implementation, there's no question this is for Peel. They seem to be moving a lot faster than Toronto is though.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I heard a fire call (I was on the phone at the time, so it didnt even register that I was scanning the new system ... the TGID was 3351

Have any talkgroups been seen on here? Given the SmartX implementation, there's no question this is for Peel. They seem to be moving a lot faster than Toronto is though.

Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9360; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.391 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'll bring my HP with me to work this week and update the database so I can run this system with the search function and see what's what.

If you heard what u think is fire its in the clear, that might be a good sign.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Andy and I did some site hunting... Seems that the P25 control channel is only coming from the two northern sites (15801 Mississauga Road, and Charleston Side Road west of Airport Road). So far nothing on the two southern sites.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I ran Unitrunker all day yesterday and saw activity for only about an hour before the cc stopped broadcasting (I think, I'm no expert.) Only two talk groups showed up: 5001 and 5002. I didn't have the radio and PC setup for listening so I heard no voice.

Rob

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Andy and I did some site hunting... Seems that the P25 control channel is only coming from the two northern sites (15801 Mississauga Road, and Charleston Side Road west of Airport Road). So far nothing on the two southern sites.

That explains the awesome coverage on my ride home (up Mississauga Rd) to Orangeville

SCPD

QRT
Heard some Testing 12345 on talkgroup last weekend and the control channels sound a lot more powerful now so I am assuming it's a simulcast P25 system and they have switched on some more sites. The testing that I heard was very short but not bad for P25.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Heard some Testing 12345 on talkgroup last weekend and the control channels sound a lot more powerful now so I am assuming it's a simulcast P25 system and they have switched on some more sites. The testing that I heard was very short but not bad for P25.

What TG? I have it setup and got nothing tonight on it... Maybe because its the weekend... Haven't seen any further updates since before Christmas...

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
has anyone heard anything on this system? It seems like its quiet i even setup trunker and threw on the CC 866.96250 and didn't hear the bursts like a normal CC channel... Signal strength in my area is 55 RSS but have been in areas to the north king & miss rd and also down around Queensway & Hwy 10 RSS was 90 but nothing I thought they were simulcasting the 4 PRP channels on their?

SCPD

QRT
has anyone heard anything on this system? It seems like its quiet i even setup trunker and threw on the CC 866.96250 and didn't hear the bursts like a normal CC channel... Signal strength in my area is 55 RSS but have been in areas to the north king & miss rd and also down around Queensway & Hwy 10 RSS was 90 but nothing I thought they were simulcasting the 4 PRP channels on their?

Same here nothing at all but then I am not often in range of that system but I heard on TG 17 a quick test 1234 one day, never heard any simulcasting so that might have been heard by someone else when they turned on the system and did some experimenting and now maybe they are waiting for other components to be installed or whatever, I think Halton was like that as well when it came to life and then stayed quiet for months and then suddenly lots of testing.

I think at some point there will be a lot of coverage testing, Peel has lots of apartment and office buildings and this system has to work everywhere so I am thinking when the time comes we will hear a lot of test traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.