City of Hamilton Frequencys

Status
Not open for further replies.

thibs69

Hello All been Awhile Since I Been Here My question Is Have The City Of Hamilton roads Dept Gone Encrypt ?? Reason I Am Asking Is That They Have Had A Snow Blower Out Blowing Snow Into Dump Trucks And Ive Been Looking For The Freq Ive loaded All The Frequency's Into My Psr 500 and still Cant find them Does Anyone Have Any Ideas Hoping someone In Hamilton Can Answer This Question

Many Thanks In Advance

Thibs

Muxlow

Super Secret
So.. No chance at hearing anything.
All users are ENC
Police, Fire, Public Works, everyone who was on the motorola system and now on the P25.. never going to hear. Makes dull scanning for the city

SCPD

QRT
So.. No chance at hearing anything.
All users are ENC
Police, Fire, Public Works, everyone who was on the motorola system and now on the P25.. never going to hear. Makes dull scanning for the city

Yup money is no object for that city, the little sidewalk plow has the same encrypted radio as the police and fire, they encrypted everything, other than the marine VHF channels and aviation bands there is nothing to listen to in that city.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, not EVERYTHING is encrypted...there's been some "in the clear" traffic reported. I want to say Hydro? Or maybe Sewer? One of the municipal services are in the clear anyway.

SCPD

QRT
Well, not EVERYTHING is encrypted...there's been some "in the clear" traffic reported. I want to say Hydro? Or maybe Sewer? One of the municipal services are in the clear anyway.

Has that clear traffic actually been heard on the P25 system? nothing posted on RR. I think but am not sure that even works in encrypted on the P25.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Has that clear traffic actually been heard on the P25 system? nothing posted on RR. I think but am not sure that even works in encrypted on the P25.

Ya I have heard traffic on 2 different tg's that was not encrypted. As exkalibur said one I think could be either Hydro or a Municipal, maybe Works? from the sounds of what I heard. I have heard that tg come active from time to time. The other one I have heard only once and that was many many months ago (maybe Oct/Nov) so I have no idea what it was. Everything else I have on that system has been encrypted. You can't always trust what is in the RR Database to be complete/updated either.

Matt

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm pretty sure hydro is clear. Basically everything else is indeed encrypted. so I'm not sure why they left hydro in the clear.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
So if both Police and Fire are ENC whats that do for the media? I see Fire tweets their calls.. But they could be delayed..... Anyone want to chime in on this..

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
So if both Police and Fire are ENC whats that do for the media? I see Fire tweets their calls.. But they could be delayed..... Anyone want to chime in on this..

They (Hamilton Police) have a media portal on their website, but from what I hear it isn't all that accurate or timely.

Then again, media these days are more concerned with the feel good BS stories, so maybe it works well for them.

homerjay

I'm pretty sure hydro is clear. Basically everything else is indeed encrypted. so I'm not sure why they left hydro in the clear.

The hydro dept is not owned by the city, maybe thats why they left it in the clear? Its the same company that serves St, Catharines as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.