Metrolinx best P25 settings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone experimented around with the P25 settings on either there 996xt or 396xt scanners.

I am noticing when the end of transmission happens....you get a few seconds of dead noise (it seems to be tied to the last transmission) but it seems to block the reply transmission or the reply gets cut off etc...If you are listening from the scanner itself you dont really hear the dead noise..but if you put on headphones you can hear it..

Sometimes it will stop on a channel and just sit there for a few seconds as well with no audio....

Anyone have any tips or advice..

regards and thank you

Jason

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have updated both to the latest, and back down again to see if it made any difference.

Was just wondering if anyone has tweaked the P25 settings.......

Jason

Bullmax

I have been struggling for months with this. Just today I set it to 50 and 3 and finally I think it has solved my dropped calls. I am updated on the firmware as well. Give that setting a try.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
I have been struggling for months with this. Just today I set it to 50 and 3 and finally I think it has solved my dropped calls. I am updated on the firmware as well. Give that setting a try.

Thanks alot for the advice....what I find is that it tends to stop on the call/channel, but no voice...I guess P25 decoding is not perfect.

I will give your settings a try!

Jason

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Well, here is what I found. I put in your settings and did not notice much difference.

What I did do is change my antenna. And VOILA, no skipping, no missed transmissions. I got a custom tuned Larsen 410 Mhz antenna, and WHAT a difference. Before I was using a wideband Diamond discone antenna.

Now, its perfect!

Cheers,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.