Old Hamilton Motorola Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Does anyone know when the ops at the Hamilton Airport will be switching to the Hamilton P25 system? I have been running Unitrunker on the old Motorola Type 2 system for the past couple hours and noticed they are the last ones left on the old system.

Matt

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Geez I didn't even realize the old system was still on the air. What about the system the Intel/Surveillance guys used.. is it still in use? Seems a tad overkill to keep 3 systems running haha

mbstone99

i noticed that out of all of the frequencies that was part of this system has been whittled down to 3. I haven't even tried the old Surveillance system. Maybe I will give it a go in the morning and see if it is still around. Ya and it would be overkill if that was still around too.

Matt

mbstone99

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Wow I just checked and the old Hamilton Intel system is alive and churning out a CC. I guess it's time I run Unitrunker on it and see how often it is used if at all.

Matt

ATCTech

Just plunked the old CCs into a couple of instances of Unitrunker. Let's see what a day or two of watching brings...

ATCTech

Here's what has turned up in 10 or so hours of monitoring. Talk group names are a combination of the old and what I've been able to decypher when I heard voices. 2608 doesn't appear in the RR database, I suspect another Works group.

The secure system ( cc 866.5375) is still there too, no activity at all.

This is from current control channel 866.4125:

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Maybe the city ran out of money to add airport FD talkgroups.......maybe It was the least important on the agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.