Mystery Tim Horton's Drive Thru Frequency......

Status
Not open for further replies.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
So they just opened a Tim Horton's drive thru directly beside my building in Mississauga. It is so close I can read the entire menu from my balcony with binoculars....So I just had to get the frequency...but no luck from my balcony....
I had close call on for hours with no hits from the drive thru....So I went down there and waited for a car to come through and I was right beside the menu board when the person was ordering....nothing on the Close Call.

Any ideas what band/frequency they could be on? I know there has been several posts here and I found the frequencies posted, but you would think I would get a close call hit standing right beside the ordering menu.....

Jason

wtp

question

how do you know that they use a radio?
also if they did the transmitter is inside the building, also their headsets would have a different freq.
you can try fast food radio freqs also the 902 to 928 area
i have trouble with mcd's 920 in their parking lot
try close call inside
good hunting

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
how do you know that they use a radio?
also if they did the transmitter is inside the building, also their headsets would have a different freq.
you can try fast food radio freqs also the 902 to 928 area
i have trouble with mcd's 920 in their parking lot
try close call inside
good hunting

I can see the wireless radio's on their heads with microphone...

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There's two main technologies being used these days - one is Digital Spread Spectrum which you can forget about listening to - the other is wide-band FM (I think 100kHz) in the 900MHz range. The local Tims here uses 902.300MHz. If you throw your scanner into WFM mode, it works perfect.

mciupa

Around here it's 469.0125 (131.8 PL) or 469.2125 (131.8 PL) when talking and 146.2 PL when idle. Judging by the accents I hear, I presume they are minivan drivers who live in the Dixon Rd. condos.

tilt404

Also in my area Tims 469.0125mhz 146.2pl / 131.8pl depending on who's talking or idle like mciupa. Still haven't been able to find the one that is using it but its quite strong. In industry canada listing shows for one location on the other side of town from me. One of these days I need to get out and visit each one and find out.

mciupa

My 469's are suddenly quiet ( a Tim's quiet.. really?) so I'll have to see if the 902's have something or if I can "see" something up in the 1.9 GHz range on the dongle waterfall.

SCPD

QRT
Was at a Tim's in brampton over the weekend and had my scanner with me, can't remember the exact frequency but it was In the 904 range

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

tilt404

I noticed the signal is weaker here now. On my Uniden BCT15X I'm using a Diamond X50A up about 100'. Comes in good on 469.0125 with 146.2 / 131.8 as the tones. On my GRE PSR800 hooked to a Comet discone at same height, I hear nothing. On my Icom T70A HT with a 17" whip it just barely comes in. Before it would be very strong even on the Icom handheld.

Hooked the GRE to the Diamond and it came in really well. On my Uniden BC125AT using a Watson W-881 was just barely in like the Icom.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Our Timmies have been using this technology for a couple of years now, they are using the 3M headsets. Since then I haven't search for others.

It was quite comical to listen in especially headset to headset:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.