London fire and 396xt p25 decode settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullmax

Has anyone figured out the best setting for this? I still get dropped calls and have tried
numerous levels and settings with no luck.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Not sure why you are having so many issues... My Pro106 will get some choppy audio from time to time (especially downtown when it's getting hammered by cell stuff) but for the most part it works great. Make sure you are scanning only Site 1, lock out the LPS groups and the rest should be pretty well good to go.

Bullmax

Homemade dipole with copper pipe and the center of coax on one side and the shield on the other. I get a full five bars using site one only, fire TGs only.

The dipole is from the wiki.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Is the London system simulcast? I can't remember.

Systems which are P25 and simulcast (such as Halton and some Metrolinx sites) use CQPSK which scanners do NOT handle properly - the result is a crappy decode with a seemingly perfect signal. Non-simulcast use C4FM which your scanner can handle without issue. Uniden needs to make a PSK capable scanner.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No, surprisingly London didn't go simulcast when they switched over... They are still using the 4 multicast sites that the EDACS system used.

You say you have full bars... perhaps he signal is too hot at times? Maybe try using the ATT option, or try it just using the rubber duck for a bit and see if it's any different. With issues like this it pretty much comes down to trial and error to see what works best in your particular case.

SCPD

QRT
Has anyone figured out the best setting for this? I still get dropped calls and have tried
numerous levels and settings with no luck.

Default settings work perfectly for me, make sure you have all frequencies in for the main tower site and default settings and check signal strength and antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.