Peel Region Fire Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys just letting you know i have added a live feed for Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon Fire Services. Link is below but their are NO Archives.... Let me know if their are any audio issues please...

Last edited:

ECCS

Sorry guys

Had no idea my feeds were dropped from site and had issues.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
BTW i guess i should explain the change in the Fire channel. Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon Fire Special 1

This feed will be more of a TAC channel and will be online for a "Working Fire" and that channel will only be monitored. Of course a major incident will also be on their (eg. Train wreck, flooding) It seems that's when you guys turn on the feed to listen. Provided i am home we will use this for Working Fires. At least the feed wont be deleted after 21 days for being offline..

I also was talking with a buddy from Fire and it looks like Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon will be going Digital withing the first 2 months of the new year. But no word on ENC. Lets cross our fingers.

ECCS

The feeds sit in my server room at home. I dont go in there for months at a time and was out of country all summer. when got back been to busy i dont even monitor feeds anymore nor on the site since the changeover to another site for the feeds and not all in one here on rr.

I can fire the feeds back up if people want as they are sitting there active

But if your feeding i dont need to:)

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Rexx really why would you want to do a feed? Your busy and you don't even monitor them so why bother + I know your in the process of opening up a club in Oakville. I have the PRP feed till they switch over to Digital and enc i also have a special event (TAC) channel for Fire when a working fire happens that channel will be on based if i am home of course.. If you wish to do OPP again and Fire your welcome to but if your busy why bother? Kindly remove you dead police link please.. thanks

SCPD

QRT
In fact I was thinking of doing a doing an OPP feed as well. I just don't think I would have the time for it and I use my scanner a lot so it's mobile with me when I'm on the road. I would probably have to dedicate a scanner for the feed if I wanted too....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
you would be dedicating more then a scanner, a computer to run 24/7 and some bandwidth. I estimate i use $25 a month running the netbook and scanner 24/7 in hydro & internet access. Also if you do a lot of downloading like i do for Movies and Shows the bandwidth can be premium. I think that's where i get into trouble with 2 feeds and doing downloads, thought about running a second modem but didn't feel like paying $25+ a month extra for a second internet account. I think it would just be the same bandwidth just split in half to each account. Instead of getting 30mbps on one account get 2 accounts at 15mbps second at best.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
you would be dedicating more then a scanner, a computer to run 24/7 and some bandwidth. I estimate i use $25 a month running the netbook and scanner 24/7 in hydro & internet access. Also if you do a lot of downloading like i do for Movies and Shows the bandwidth can be premium. I think that's where i get into trouble with 2 feeds and doing downloads, thought about running a second modem but didn't feel like paying $25+ a month extra for a second internet account. I think it would just be the same bandwidth just split in half to each account. Instead of getting 30mbps on one account get 2 accounts at 15mbps second at best.

For an extra $30 per month, Rogers will allow you truly unlimited bandwidth. They don't advertise that, but if you call and ask they'll tell you. I've had it for about a year and I truly don't have to worry about how much I download, upload, or watch on Netflix. I think Bell offers the same but I'm not 100% sure.

polkaroo

Missed him again!
Go with a 3rd party Internet provider that gives you unlimited... unless you have a kickass deal with Rogers or Bell bundle, Teksavvy and others gives you an overall better deal, plus you're not dealing with rates going up every year and you're supporting smaller business.

gfdfortynine

For an extra $30 per month, Rogers will allow you truly unlimited bandwidth. They don't advertise that, but if you call and ask they'll tell you. I've had it for about a year and I truly don't have to worry about how much I download, upload, or watch on Netflix. I think Bell offers the same but I'm not 100% sure.

Correct, for an extra $10 you can have unlimited with bell

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I have Teksavvy, i wasn't talking about the providers cap, i was talking about the bandwidth usage against my stuff i download it slows it down. I actually don't have a cap with Teksavvy and its not throttled average speed for me is 32mbps & 0.98mbps upload. I would never go back to Rogers again they are such ***holes

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The amount of bandwidth used to stream is pretty minuscule. I run 4 private feeds 24/7 and I don't even noticed the usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.