RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Ontario

Ontario Forum for discussing radio information in the province of Ontario.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 8:26 AM

Default Operation Red Nose Frequencies

Hey folks,
Now that the holiday season is upon us, was curious to know if anyone has been able to deduce which frequencies Operation Red Nose volunteers use. A story in the local paper shows an array of radios being sorted for use. Red Nose gets you home safe | The Belleville Intelligencer

I read in another forum that 170.025 was assigned to rental radios from TAS communications, but I've yet to hear anything.

Any ideas?
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2013, 8:38 AM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Looks like quite the collection of radios. Some are Motorola (I think I see some CM200's), others are... well, other, by the looks of the mics and such.

Do you have a scanner with Close Call? Might need to use something like that, or use the search function around bar closing time.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:00 AM

From past experience with Nez Rouge/Red Nose (when I could hear them), they operate
friday and saturday nights plus New Year's Eve, starting well before bar closing time as
there are lots of private events, and not everybody sticks around until closing time.

The Belleville antennas are definitely VHF, but simplex seems a bit doubtful. I'd check around
for VHF repeaters TAS operates there. Failing that, some band searching in the early hours
when not much else is going on, might be productive.

Reading about Quebec operations, frequencies/systems vary all over the map from UHF
to 800MHz LTR, depending on location.

Dave

For example from TAFL: Stirling Ont. 164.445, 166.125, 166.200 repeaters

Last edited by DaveH; 12-15-2013 at 10:33 AM..