Database error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I guess this would be more of a question for the admin that controls the database section for windsor area. I noticed on the KELCOM (420 MHz Windsor) Trunking System, Windsor, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies that freq 420.0875 is also a control channel for TURBO CONNECT Network Connect Plus (158) Trunking System, Multiple Locations, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies listed for windsor. Just wondering if either A the old 420 system is no longer in use, or B this is a messup or conflicting freq in the database? Reason I ask is I have the 420 programmed of course cause it is a LTR that is monitorable, and the other is a MotoTrbo which is not unless u use DSD. Lately the old 420 Kelcom has fell deaf so just wondering if all the users on here moved to that new system? Thanks

mciupa

Database Admin
I think that Forts is the best one to answer this for you. I'm sure he'll check in soon.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I can now confirm that the old 420 system is still working. I just heard TX's being made, after I removed that control channel, however I am still missing transmissions, prob due to the fact that the LCN is out of order with that control channel removed out. I have been trying tog et Unitrunker to work with this LTR system, but nothing yet. I am using a BC996XT for the decoding in unitrunker.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Also to add to this these 2 freq's are also in the MotoTrbo system. Which are also in the kelcom 420

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ok here's what I do know and can confirm here... A few years back I was sent a codeplug and frequency file from a radio on this Connect Plus system. At that time, the CPS shows the Windsor site (Site 1) to be using repeater outputs of 420.0875, 420.1875, 420.2875 and 420.5875. I have personally verified these with DMRDecode, as well as added 420.3875 along the way. If you are hearing analog transmissions on these channels I'm not sure why... Perhaps the 2 systems are still running but I seriously doubt they would be sharing any frequencies. Myself, I would try this: Program in the 5 frequencies listed above as conventional channels (Not as LTR or anything else) and just scan them. Do you hear analog traffic, digital or both? If it is indeed both then perhaps there is some sort of mixed mode thing going on, but that's not possible with Connect Plus as far as I know.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Hi Forts did what you asked, actually used my BC898T and can confirm analog only on the listed freq's above,cept for 420.0875 had to lock it out due to it being a CC, but as for 420.1875,420.2875 and 420.5875 all analog?

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Also to add to this, when I was scanning them seperately you could still here the "pause" of the LTR system.Perhaps the 420 kelcom is outdated? LCN's may have changed. I did try running Unitrunker with all the freq's cept the 420.0875 but nothing at all.

Last edited:

tilt404

The Kelcom 420 is still quite active, but I still have trouble finding the correct match of frequencies also. It works with what is listed, but often if I take or add other frequencies from similarly listed ones at industry canada, I will hear other stuff I didn't before. Its been hard due to the changes recently in Kelcom to keep up. I wish there were more people in Windsor who could help. Sadly much of the interesting stuff has left the Kelcom 420 though. Like Enwin Utilities, The Windsor Star and other stuff. The days of easy listening continue to fade it seems.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
The Kelcom 420 is still quite active, but I still have trouble finding the correct match of frequencies also. It works with what is listed, but often if I take or add other frequencies from similarly listed ones at industry canada, I will hear other stuff I didn't before. Its been hard due to the changes recently in Kelcom to keep up. I wish there were more people in Windsor who could help. Sadly much of the interesting stuff has left the Kelcom 420 though. Like Enwin Utilities, The Windsor Star and other stuff. The days of easy listening continue to fade it seems.

Ya I;ve been trying here the past few days to get a correct LCN but no go's on it unfortunately. Maybe Forts here can figure it out :)

tilt404

My GRE PSR800 supposedly will auto sort the LCN locations but still I have trouble with the frequencies. I can listen ok to a lot on there but still seems like something is missing. Being on the outside its hard to know what Kelcom is doing though. Even harder to keep up with the changes.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I won't be much help I'm afraid. Too far away to listen in... I'll be in Windsor next weekend but I don't think I'll have much time for radio stuff.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
I won't be much help I'm afraid. Too far away to listen in... I'll be in Windsor next weekend but I don't think I'll have much time for radio stuff.

Lol No problems Forts, not really a good system to monitor anyhows, mainly from what I can tell just local buisness's. Just figured for the people that do listen daily (if any) figured try and help clear it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.