Project DCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
In Windsor Ontario here ,..Have been hearing an aircraft using callsign DCS talking to callsign PROJECT on AA frequency 122.750 all day all day ,...sound like testing some sort of radar or radio map equipment
mentioned several diff frequencies equipment was operating on including 300 & 600 mhz , can only hear aircraft side of comms , often hear them saying " project this is DCS StartMapRun Now 45 second legs " sound like it might be wrapping up now around 5 pm
Im not sure what exactly they are doing , The only info i could find when looking up DCS that might be related is this ? GOES DCS Project Homepage

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
i did hear similar down in the eastern part of the province about 3 months ago, two aircraft talking about finishing there runs assumed it was mapping of some sort

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
In Windsor Ontario here ,..Have been hearing an aircraft using callsign DCS talking to callsign PROJECT on AA frequency 122.750 all day all day ,...sound like testing some sort of radar or radio map equipment
mentioned several diff frequencies equipment was operating on including 300 & 600 mhz , can only hear aircraft side of comms , often hear them saying " project this is DCS StartMapRun Now 45 second legs " sound like it might be wrapping up now around 5 pm
Im not sure what exactly they are doing , The only info i could find when looking up DCS that might be related is this ? GOES DCS Project Homepage

I think this has to do with the new drone thats been patrolling over the river and erie and st.clair, based out of Selfridge by homeland security. I remember reading somewhere they were going to be doing testing on it this week.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
I think this has to do with the new drone thats been patrolling over the river and erie and st.clair, based out of Selfridge by homeland security. I remember reading somewhere they were going to be doing testing on it this week.

that could be too,.... I know someone who lives down there & they say others have reported seeing what they say are different drones ,..I thought however that they fly so high Its doubtful anyone would see them , but i dont know ,...also Id say over the past year , people near the waterfront have been reporting alot of military helo activity , mostly chinooks lately..

tilt404

I heard a plane flying along the river that day by my place I think since it was around so much I began to listen but don't think I caught anything. Too much snow on my balcony to step out there. In the past I've seen the other plane the government uses to patrol the lakes. I got a photo of it flying by my place along the river a year or two ago. It looked just like the photo I attached. I'm not sure if it was related to what you heard though. I still need to program in a bunch of air frequencies into my new scanner. So I keep missing stuff.

Attachments

• plane.jpg
    plane.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 165

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I believe that plane belongs to Fisheries and Oceans and is used to keep watch over vessels in the Great Lakes.
I spotted a solid red plane with "Surveillance" in Hamilton last year.

tilt404

I believe that plane belongs to Fisheries and Oceans and is used to keep watch over vessels in the Great Lakes.
I spotted a solid red plane with "Surveillance" in Hamilton last year.

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that. I read on their site it looks after illegal fishing and stuff like you said. Looked so wild flying by with the big letters on it. Thought it was something more NSA like. : )

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
ya have seen that plane at the airport during the summer , the one I saw was all red with the writing in white , just like what Mike saw .,I dunno why they would make it that obvious , either way seems like there has been alot of activity up & down the river , im still getting reports of chinooks there was one last evening ...

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Civil Air Rescue

Don't know if this is it or not but I have this frequency in my list as 122.750 Civil Air rescue Niagara, St Catharines Ontario, and it is active.
Steve

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I heard a plane flying along the river that day by my place I think since it was around so much I began to listen but don't think I caught anything. Too much snow on my balcony to step out there. In the past I've seen the other plane the government uses to patrol the lakes. I got a photo of it flying by my place along the river a year or two ago. It looked just like the photo I attached. I'm not sure if it was related to what you heard though. I still need to program in a bunch of air frequencies into my new scanner. So I keep missing stuff.

That's like seeing a Dodge Charger with 'UNMARKED CAR' on the side haha

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Yes 122.750 is a general air to air frequency ,...there are a quite a few freqs usually used for general air to air stuff , Like 123.450 especially at night is where alot of long haul airliner crews chit chat with each other ,
Anyway I dug some old pics of when that plane was here in windsor this is what it looks like

Also of note ,..I heard an aircraft that sounded like it had odd callsign ,..So I took pics of it as it took off over my back yard ,...as you can see it is definitely carrying some sort of sensors in the belly , kind of cobbled in to what would appear to be a civilian looking aircraft , that had what sounded like military callsign

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
Thought at first it was the O.P.P airplane, but I do believe it would have police on it somewhere. I could be mistaken as I've never seen the plane, or this could be a MNR plane as well. Hard to say. Man that must be sweet to live off the runway and that close. Too bad we don't have airshows anymore, I bet that was cool watching when we had them.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Well there has been alot going on here around Windsor / Detroit , I know there were stories for years of small planes taking off after windsor tower was closed doing smuggling runs ,...the latest one was only caught because he crashed at a us airport at around 3 am in fog,..theres been lots of coast guard , & military helicopters patrolling the river area day & night ,..Plus SelfRidge has the new Joint Ops Surveillance facility ,..I know many people have actually reported seeing different types of drones flying over Windsor ,...& no one really believes them,...however ,...like I said selfridge has a relatively new border surveillance facility , The exact nature of what equipment is used is of course not known,..however what has been publicly released shows they are experimenting & combining a variety of methods , from standard aircraft patrols , camera watch towers , unmanned drones , & surveillance blimps , It is important to note that this facility is multi-agency & works in cooperation & shares info with multiple canadian agencies ,..Therefore is is completely possible a US drone may be authorized to gather intelligence from the canadian side of the border,...http://www.securitymanagement.com/.../north-northwest... Selfridge unveils ‘gold standard’ border protection facility canada.com - Canadian news, entertainment, television, newspapers, free email and more... CBP's Operational Integration Center Opens in Michigan - FEDagent... http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/story.html?id=31b52da5-10d5-4f7a-92d8-5d8f1f87d939

http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=dae9a191-1b72-47c0-aacc-f12db5f718e0 http://www.brokencitylab.org/blog/predator-drones-might-be-overhead-soon/
Most law enforcement is not monitor able around here , but that puts alot of decent scanners in area pawnshops ,..So around here , at least if you program in , Mil-Air , Cival Air, & Marine/CoastGuard
your going to get some activity ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.