Fleetnet Database Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I was taking a look thru the Fleetnet system in the database tonight and noticed and fixed several errors regarding the locations of various sites:

10 - Pt Stanley (was Middlesex County) -> Moved to Elgin County
14 - Wallaceburg (was Chatham/Kent) -> Moved to Lambton County
16 - Doyles (Was Essex County) -> Moved to Chatham/Kent County
22 - Aylmer (Was Middlesex County) -> Moved to Elgin County

If you use a radio such as the Home Patrol or PSR-800 for location based scanning you may want to update your database when the next update is ready.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
In case anybody is wondering why the entire province is green, I've been cleaning up the database with respect to duplicated information.

For example, if the sub-category is Brantford Police, it makes no sense to have Brantford Police - Dispatch in the description. By eliminating Brantford Police in the description, more room is made for adding other information.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
In case anybody is wondering why the entire province is green, I've been cleaning up the database with respect to duplicated information.

For example, if the sub-category is Brantford Police, it makes no sense to have Brantford Police - Dispatch in the description. By eliminating Brantford Police in the description, more room is made for adding other information.

Why aren't the updated talk groups highlighted green so we know which ones were changed? I've just scrolled through a dozen systems looking to see what was changed only to find nothing. If the updates were hidden, which I know has been done in the past, then why are the systems themselves highlighted green to show updates? Very frustrating.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Since they were just minor housekeeping edits which didn't affect your ability to monitor the system, they weren't highlighted.

SCPD

QRT
And just to add what was updated in Metrolinx? and Peel Region? I only see that talkgroups were updated for both systems but which ones??

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Sorry guys but I didn't keep track of what I changed.

As I said before, it was just minor housekeeping edits deleting unnecessary text in descriptions. Nothing changed that would affect your monitoring.

If you use a Database scanner such as a HomePatrol or use software to program your scanner, you might notice a cleaner looking display.

wheelerg

Premium Subscriber
I am just glad there are people like him who have the knowledge and time to keep things running clean and smooth for people like me who only have a weak grip on some of this stuff....... merry xmas everyone

mciupa

I just added some Motorola Connect Tones to various sites where I noticed they were missing, at least the one's in my monitoring range.

Status
Not open for further replies.