site to talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage308

first my scanner is a psr 500, the closest site to me is demorestville, i can receive 2op 32, 35 & 39, how do i determin what talkgroup i can get on a site that i will be able to receive, i get more talking on frequencies ive found in search mode than i get from what ive programmed by site to talkgroup think im missing something ??

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
first my scanner is a psr 500, the closest site to me is demorestville, i can receive 2op 32, 35 & 39, how do i determin what talkgroup i can get on a site that i will be able to receive, i get more talking on frequencies ive found in search mode than i get from what ive programmed by site to talkgroup think im missing something ??

Simple answer to your question is you cant because any and every T/G on fleetnet can be heard on that tower if units in the area go to that specific T/G..
I think your question really is ..what T/Gs are usually active on that tower site..don't forget that you have all the agencies OPP..MOH...MOT...CIS..MNR... on the same towers

Your best best is to look thru the RR database for the OPP T/Gs for your county & neighbouring countries that you want to hear and add them.. don't forget to add the RED (emergency) T/G as well as the all the TACO T/Gs as well as your local T/Gs

DaveH

Suggestion is to put the scanner in talkgroup search mode, watch and listen for a while, and
note the TGs. Then match them with the online list here per agency (OPP, MTO, MOH...).
Be aware of patched TGs showing up as TG+3 (e.g. 8800 -> 8803) which are not listed
explicitly in the database.

Dave

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
how do i put the scanner in talkgroup search mode,

Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

ID:
This is where you enter the talkgroup ID (or private/radio ID) number. A 'Wildcard' is a special type of ID object that allows you to monitor all Talk Group traffic on the trunked system and is created by default. IDs can be classified as 'Group' or 'Private'. Wildcard IDs monitor all Talk Group traffic on the system and you have the option to store (F3) or lock out (F1) new Talk Groups as they appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.