Elgin County - MotoTRBO Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
As I mentioned several months ago Elgin County is indeed proceeding with a major upgrade to MotoTRBO. Proposals from Spectrum Communications in London have been accepted to migrate Elgin County fire (including Aylmer it looks like) and county works users to digital. Looks like it will be a simulcast VHF system... It appears the wheels are already in motion so expect to see things happening by late spring or summer perhaps.

FS 13-13: RFP - For a Digital Two-Way Radio Communication System for the Elgin County Fire Services: Council approved the recommendation from the Elgin County Ad hoc Fire Service Communication Committee to accept the proposal from Spectrum Communications Ltd. for the supply and installation of a County Wide Digital Simulcast Radio System and Simulcast Paging System, including Radio Link to St. Thomas Fire Department, subject to the execution of an agreement between Spectrum Communications Ltd. and the participating municipalities; and to pay 1/7 of the total estimated cost of the project being $805,44241 including a 15% contingency allowance, less applicable taxes. Central Elgin's share of $115,063.20 will be funded from the County Communications Reserve Account.

Further reading: http://westelgin.net/sites/westelgin.net/files/agendas/January 23, 2014.pdf

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Anyone in the Elgin area that might have any updates on this? I don't receive Elgin fire all that well from my location, but best I can tell they haven't made the jump to TRBO yet. According to the published timetable (assuming they are on schedule) they should be switching any time. Many of the roads/works departments have switched so I'm sure fire can't be too far behind.

rdesutter

Premium Subscriber
The system is close to going live... the majority of infrastructure is in place, and testing is underway. We are supposed to get another update in the very near future.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks for the update! We are bringing a truck out to Fire Muster Days in St. Thomas tomorrow and I was hoping to see what info I might be able to get out of some guys there too.

rdesutter

Premium Subscriber
Central Elgin Road (Currently shown in the database as County Roads) has made the transition to Trbo now as well. It went active last week

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Looks like the new system is live. Listening to a call in progress for an MVC.

Digital Ops are now on 164.9100.

Status
Not open for further replies.