LTR system...City of Brampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukaradio

I get the same type of reception (tried on several different scanners) .......its very static, almost to the point its hard to hear. Is this how an LTR system generally sounds or is there a way to improve reception or why is it so bad?
Anywhere in Brampton it sounds the same.

sirsmiley

Have you checked your performance of the antenna? It could be an antenna placement issue or a bad bnc connector

lukaradio

I'm just more curious if a LTR system is suppose to sound this crap as compared to a Motorola system or even conventional frequencies, etc..
Since I have tried on a few different portable scanners and changed location I have ruled out location and equipment, unless a different antenna is best for LTR?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Antennas are frequency dependant, not technology dependant. I've listened to the Brampton system on a couple of occasions and don't specifically recall it sounding overly bad. Try programming in using NFM mode if you have the option - 900MHz systems are going to be 12.5kHz.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
LTR Systems

I'm just more curious if a LTR system is suppose to sound this crap as compared to a Motorola system or even conventional frequencies, etc..
Since I have tried on a few different portable scanners and changed location I have ruled out location and equipment, unless a different antenna is best for LTR?

I use a 396t scanner and a discone antenna just sitting on my fourth floor balcony in Fort Erie and listen to several LTR Systems, not the one you are talking about and they all sound ok to me, could be your location bad reception.
Steve

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
HI Luka, I have the City of Brampton in my radio...and I live in Brampton.. At any given time the signal seems weak. I know what you are talking about. It has been that way for as long as I can remember.
I think the key it getting your antenna up HIGH!

Jason

mciupa

Database Admin
I'm in NW Toronto and hear them very well using a ST-2 Scantenna that's roof mounted and a BCD536HP. I was listening to Animal Control talkgroup just a moment ago. I could even hear ambient noise from within the vehicle that they were sitting in. Most of my monitoring is with headphones, so even if a fly farted, I'd probably hear it. :lol:

Sometimes I will notice a Transit talkgroup that will hang on the system so I'll just lock them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.