Toronto P25 is up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
I was in the GTA last week and doing some scanning thru the 700mhz band.
Looks like Toronto has some of their new system running. Didnt catch any groups just connected to a few sites and logged on unitrunker

Toronto Public Safety (Project 25) System Trunking System, Toronto, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

UT shows it has 10 sites but i only could connect to 3 of them. Site 5 was the strongest and i had that going by PIA on the 401.

Also PIA has a P25 system too

I have seen this active for a couple weeks now.. I can receive Site 5, 6, 7 & 8 here in Hamilton.. which would match up to the 4 current sites.. I will submit the CC's for the two other sites..

I have seen TG 1311, 1401 & 1403 so far with what sounds like Fire traffic and they all came up on Site 5 too..

Matthew

Muxlow

Super Secret
I'll have to add them groups to my radio. Im not from the GTA but go there time to time.
Be sure to submit each sites NAC too :)

mciupa

Database Admin
I'm getting Toronto Fire Dispatch on talkgroup 1401. I think I'll play with Unitrunker the rest of the night. :cool:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Wonder if there is a patch in place with the current system kind alike what peel did. Link the old and new systems and some talkgroups. Be a easy way to maybe pin down some talkgroups

ninfreak

they will have to patch because the talkgroup members that are still on old system waiting to get switch would not here there talkgroup members that are on the new system

mciupa

Database Admin
System placed in staging until more details become available.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Since the cat is out of the bag...

The talkgroups on this new system are the same as the ones on the analog system. The difference is that they're expressed in Motorola Decimal format on the P25 system. To convert, open up Windows calculator. Enter in the talkgroup seen on Unitrunker in decimal format and convert to hex. In the example above, 353 converts to 161, which is a court services talkgroup.

Also, the old system is site 1, 2, 3 and 4. The new system is site 5, 6, 7 and 8. They're using a system called SmartX. It essentially presents the P25 sites to the existing system as SmartZone sites, and the existing sites to the new system as P25 sites. This lets P25 radios roam freely on the new system while dragging traffic from the old system over. Once the old system is off the air, I suspect they'll change the site numbers from 5/6/7/8 back to 1/2/3/4.

Last edited:

Muxlow

Super Secret
Dang thats neat! That i assume is only a motorola thing?

I assume my edacs system will die off and switch to P25 since they all have Harris M7300's in their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.