York Region P25 Testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbriden

I have programmed the York Region P25 system into my 396T yet after many hours of monitoring have heard Zero action.

Is this just me or has anybody heard anything ?

Or maybe using Encryption and never will hear anything ?

Just want to make sure I have not done something wrong.

jonesyxvii

Premium Subscriber
I ran Unitrunker on it for four hours this morning and nothing popped up at all. Testing is probably sporadic at this point.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Has the talkgroups seen so far been TDMA or just FDMA?

There's no reason a BC396T can't listen to the system's FDMA talkgroups.

gbriden

I also have a PSR-800 Scanner.

I updated the database using software but it seems the York Region P25 has not been added yet.

Does this mean I just have to wait for whoever does this stuff to update the database.

mciupa

Database Admin
I also have a PSR-800 Scanner.

I updated the database using software but it seems the York Region P25 has not been added yet.

Does this mean I just have to wait for whoever does this stuff to update the database.

It won't update due to the Encrypted talk groups.

If you are able to create a Customized Favourite List like we do with our Uniden's, you could create this system on your own using the data from the York P25 page.

If some digital clear talkgroups do show up, I believe you will be able to download the site direct to your scanner.

ninfreak

I don’t think u can use SDR to decode voice DSD might be the one that might haven’t use it on a phase II system myself and if its ENC nothing will but the hardware and the key

mciupa

Database Admin
Unitrunker shows me a Service Tag of PE4 on talkgroup 17010, so it looks pretty hopeless. :(

Seeing three sites: 1,5,8 all with control channel 770.31875

Last edited:

ninfreak

if u can monitor the old system with the new u can see what talk groups pop up together on old and new and that should tell u the new talk groups

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
I caught a glimps of the PE4 on talk group 17010 today to on unitrunker. Although I was not able to hear any voice audio of any kind on my BCD436HP. The audio I heard was someone keying up a mic every few seconds.

mciupa

Database Admin
I'm running SDR with Unitrunker and seeing 17010 (PE4) and at the same time analyzing the analog system with the HomePatrol.
The HomePatrol shows all YRP Districts using the system simultaneously with Phase II. and only on voice channel 770.65625.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Police will be 100% encrypted and I hear fire is considering encryption although possibly only dispatch.

ninfreak

I do know that fire do not like P25 and ENC. there P25 picks up a lot of background noise like there fire trucks breathing apparatus and as much as MOTO says ENC does put errors in the P25 more in basements and buildings our were signal is not grate. and fire fighters love there scanners

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
While running Pro96com and unitrunker ,

Shows talk group active

17010 as group (Enc)
17402 as group - possibly in the clear
17090 as group (Enc)
17401 as group - possibly in the clear

Shows Allot of data passing threw on 770.65625

Still haven't heard any sort of voice audio on psr800 or BCD436HP.
Maybe I have my radios set up wrong

Anyone else heard any voice audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.