hamilton police service

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky_rad1

hello fellow listeners

this is to inform those residing in the Hamilton Ontario area that don't already know and I thought id bring it to attention that as of 2013 the Hamilton police service have gone encrypted like Niagara region.i don't know what the encryption type is but I do know they are still using Motorola radios.if I remember correctly
I believe its a 2000 series for all radios including the handhelds. they are still using the old 800 MHz trunking system.

slicerwizard

Yes, Hamilton police, fire and works deployed ADP encryption years ago. Most local RR members are aware, but I guess the odd newbie pops up every now and then asking about them.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
hello fellow listeners

this is to inform those residing in the Hamilton Ontario area that don't already know and I thought id bring it to attention that as of 2013 the Hamilton police service have gone encrypted like Niagara region.i don't know what the encryption type is but I do know they are still using Motorola radios.if I remember correctly
I believe its a 2000 series for all radios including the handhelds. they are still using the old 800 MHz trunking system.

No, the old analog trunking system is long gone. When they upgraded they moved to a new Astro25 9600 baud system. Pretty sure the other trunked system used by their Intel guys is long gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.