RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Ontario

Ontario Forum for discussing radio information in the province of Ontario.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 10:32 AM

Hi, I'm trying to program my Mom's Pro95 for Fleetnet for London Middlesex EMS. I did it no problem with my bear cat except I don't hear the base pages.

On her pro 95 I can get all the freq and talkgroups, Ive tried following every different guide I could fine. It will not let me set the Base Freq and offset. when I try to enter the base freq it goes back to factory settings of 400.0000

It will pick up the odd transmission but not all of them plus it will lock onto the data channel for quite awhile. Anyone out there could give me some ideas how to get them to go in I'd appreciate the help
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Sorry, but the Pro-95 can't scan the Fleetnet system.
I know, I have one ... You'll have to get another model to pick it up.
Old 07-19-2010, 8:23 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default What am I doing wrong?

I am using the ARC500 (PRO-106) software version 1.14

I am trying to program the Canada Bell Fleetnet system.

Where is this so called "Canada/US" band selection that everyone is talking about??

I have selected the 5 kHz steps on and off and nothing changes. It still rounds all of my frequencies. I put in 141.420 MHz and it rounds it off to 141.4125

I have read and read and everywhere I read it mentions selecting the "5 Khz steps" and some have mentioned selecting the "canada bandplan." i would love to select that, but I must be missing something here cause i see it no where..
Old 07-19-2010, 9:45 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2CNY View Post
I am using the ARC500 (PRO-106) software version 1.14

I am trying to program the Canada Bell Fleetnet system.

Where is this so called "Canada/US" band selection that everyone is talking about??

I have selected the 5 kHz steps on and off and nothing changes. It still rounds all of my frequencies. I put in 141.420 MHz and it rounds it off to 141.4125

I have read and read and everywhere I read it mentions selecting the "5 Khz steps" and some have mentioned selecting the "canada bandplan." i would love to select that, but I must be missing something here cause i see it no where..
ARC Global Settings Miss tab near bottom Allow 5 KHz from 138-174MHz. Also, Flexstep in Global Expert tab may be useful for other band settings.
Old 07-19-2010, 6:36 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Flexstep did it... THANK YOU!
Sponsored links
Old 07-19-2010, 8:32 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
I am trying to program the Bell Fleetnet system.

I have put in 141.420 MHz..

Hi Leonard, just wondering if it's the Campbellford tower you are trying receiving down in Syracuse? Propogation must be good for a 200 mile catch.
Old 07-20-2010, 7:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Actually, I am programming it for the Morton Tower. Later this summer I will be monitoring it from Clayton, NY while I am out of town. Based on previous trips, this tower seemed to have the stongest signal.

From Thompson Park (Watertown, NY) the best tower to catch is the Harrowsmith Tower.

I have once monitored this system from the Syracuse area. Was about 2 years ago.. and I cannot 100% recall the tower, but I believe it was the Harrowsmith tower. And I was using no base antenna. Conditions were great. I have tried a few times to monitor it this summer, but I do not search the 140 band as often as I should be.
Old 07-20-2010, 9:36 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
From Thompson Park (Watertown, NY) the best tower to catch is the Harrowsmith Tower.
142.4100 from Morton is 20 miles closer.
Old 07-20-2010, 9:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The Morton Tower is further to the north. I can get the Morton Tower on the hill from Watertown, but the Harrowsmith signal is stronger. Morton comes in much, much weaker. From Clayton, NY (1000 Islands), the Morton tower does come in better for me.
Sponsored links
Old 08-13-2010, 3:44 PM

Are there any major differences between programming the 500 vs the 600? I am trying to program a 600 for Durham Region EMS and the North Durham fire departments, and I believe I followed those instructions very closely, but it is not working for me. I am new to this, and I don't follow a lot of the jargon.

I seem to have the talkgroups programmed correctly, as they show up with the correct names, and the IDs match this site's information on DEC and HEX.

Conventional does seem to be working, but I just can't seem to get the fleetnet programmed properly.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepick72 View Post
Are there any major differences between programming the 500 vs the 600?
They program identically and operate nearly identically. Difference would be back-light.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:49 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioskip1 View Post
Yes, I picked up the RS 20-047 cable & software when it was on sale for $19 in the States. However I'm NOT on the 'correct' computer for programming. I'm one of those misguide Apple users! I can pick up a P4 PC running XP Pro for about $150 on Kijiji. Do you think that's something I should invest in? It would be cool to see the scanner operating on a monitor. Would a PC be required to enter you lists? And thanks for the offer...
I too am an Apple guy and waiting to receive my cable (purchased on eBay). I am planning on trying Parallels first before giving in to Windoze :-) I''ll let you know if it works!
Old 03-03-2011, 7:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

A big "thanks" to forts!
Even a nubee like me got it first time!
Old 03-31-2011, 5:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Hey radioskip1.... I too am a Mac man but I couldn't get the cable or Win96 to work properly even running parallels. I knuckled under and picked up a used Windoze laptop running XP Pro. Now I have it set up beside the iMac and just use it to program the scanner. I highly recommend Win96 and a premium subscriber upgrade in RR. It's well worth the money and so easy to program the Pro96!
Old 04-07-2013, 4:06 PM

Default Zone 1 and Zone 2 issues

Hi All. I am wondering if there is a solution to the following problem:

When travelling to Peterborough along Hwy 115 from the 401 I noticed that I was sometimes getting a control channel from zone 1 being picked up by my scanner and sometimes, a cc from zone 2 was being picked up. I have both zone 1 and 2 programmed as seperate systems. Is there any suggestion on how to ensure that each system is recieving the signal from the correct cc?

This area is within range of reciving signals from both zone 1 and zone 2 control channels.
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2013, 9:00 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteiman View Post
Hi All. I am wondering if there is a solution to the following problem:

When travelling to Peterborough along Hwy 115 from the 401 I noticed that I was sometimes getting a control channel from zone 1 being picked up by my scanner and sometimes, a cc from zone 2 was being picked up. I have both zone 1 and 2 programmed as seperate systems. Is there any suggestion on how to ensure that each system is recieving the signal from the correct cc?

This area is within range of reciving signals from both zone 1 and zone 2 control channels.
if you are using psr 500,600 or the pro 106,197 i would put the zone 1 in one scan list then zone 2 in the other so when you want to listen to zone 1 in scan list 1 all you have to do is turn off scan list 2
Old 02-10-2014, 9:15 AM

I have have a PSR-600, that came pre-programmed with some OPP. I have since tried to download a full list of all the OPP freqs in Ontario. I understand the Toronto tower has a different set up then the rest. The first attempt, nothing worked, so I got rid of the Toronto tower and downloaded everything else from here. I'm picking up some Guelph fire and thats it. Can you just download the towers and talk groups from the data base here and it will work? Or because it was previously programmed it's working? I'm quit high and am using a good antenna on a 50 foot tower so I doubt theres a signal issue. Or do I need the Toronto tower for the control channel to hear the OPP. I was getting all the local OPPs, until now

Last edited by spaztic_typer; 02-10-2014 at 9:21 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 9:20 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

if you have programming software like win500 and i see you are a premium subscriber you can download the database into the software then upload it to the scanner

if you don't have one and would like a copy you can click on the link below my name
Old 02-10-2014, 9:23 AM

I do, and thats what I've done, excluding the Toronto Tower. I tried all the Towers in the province and got nothing. Do I have to set it up again every time I download a new file? By the way Jamie I'm a ham too and am using a Comet triband at 50 feet. I'm using PSREdit500

Last edited by spaztic_typer; 02-10-2014 at 9:50 AM..
Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

If you like I can take a look at your file... sounds like something isn't set just right. Likely a quick fix!