Programming your Pro-96/Pro-106/PSR-500 for Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thought I would post this quick run thru for programming a Pro-96 for Fleetnet use. Perhaps it can be made a sticky...

- Select a channel in the bank you wish to use for Fleetnet (typically the 1st channel of the bank)
- Press FUNC TRUNK
- Press the MODE button to select Motorola
- Press FUNC 2
Enter 141.015 as the base, followed by ENTER
Enter 380 as the Offset, followed by ENTER
Use the UP or DOWN buttons to adjust the Step size to 15.0 KHz
Press Enter to store the settings
- Press FUNC 3, then use the UP or DOWN buttons to set the 3600 CC Mode to TABLE, followed by ENTER
- Press MAN to exit the trunk settings
- Now press PGM and enter a nearby control channel frequency:
ie – London – 142.665, then ENTER
- Press MODE to set the channel to MO

Hit scan! You can now start storing and tagging active talkgroups (refer to the manual for instructions on this)

One other note... If you are trying to monitor the Toronto tower, that requires setting up multiple different Trunking Table settings, which can only be done thru Don Starr's excellent Win96 software.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Programming Your Pro-106/GRE PSR-500 For Fleetnet

I've seen a few users asking for direction on getting these radios up and running by hand on Fleetnet so here is a quick step thru:

- Hit PGM, then FUNC GLOB
- Scroll down to 138-174 5KHz... make sure its set to Yes, save the changes
- Now go PGM, NEW, TGRP
- Pick your scan list #
- TSYS - New, System type is MOT VHF/UHF
- Frequencies: Hit SEL then enter the Primary and Alternate control channels for the sites you want. Hit Save when done
- T Tables: Hit SEL, then SEL again to select Table 01
* For Table 01 enter: Lo Chan 380, Hi Chan 759, Offset 380, Base 141.0150, Step 15. Hit Save when done.
* For Table 02 enter: Lo Chan 380, Hi Chan 759, Offset 579, Base 151.7300, Step 15. Hit Save when done.
* For Table 03 enter: Lo Chan 380, Hi Chan 759, Offset 632, Base 154.3200, Step 15. Hit Save when done.

- Save all your changes, and start entering talkgroups (or just use a group wildcard to test your settings)

These basic settings should get you up and running. After confirming these settings work, then carry on and play with some of the other settings if you like (MultiSite, etc etc). I would recommend saving your working settings to a V-Scanner folder before messing around with the other options too much.

Perhaps an Admin can make this a sticky as well.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I should make a quick note that the Table settings I listed above are for Fleetnet Zone 1. For Zone 2/3 etc you will need to fetch the proper settings from the database.

peteman

I am trying to manually program a pro106 and i am going out of my mind one of the problems i am having is setting the base and offset and step if any one can help me with a sticky maybee you could call it "programing for Dummies" i would greatly appreciate it I am trying to program CREST on vancouver island

thanks to allps if u can just run me through it step by step

once again thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I am trying to manually program a pro106 and i am going out of my mind one of the problems i am having is setting the base and offset and step if any one can help me with a sticky maybee you could call it "programing for Dummies" i would greatly appreciate it I am trying to program CREST on vancouver island

thanks to allps if u can just run me through it step by step

once again thanks
This Wiki may help. Programming Shortcut PSR-500/600 RS Pro-106/197 - The RadioReference Wiki
Or this wiki. Object Oriented Scanning tips - The RadioReference Wiki

peteman

Thank you for that really great link i used the first one and as soon as i saw it i knew it would have more info than the tech in fort worth or the user manual i remember being frustrated with my inability to program my pro96 but once i did i loved that radio i look forward to enjoying this one, \i got as far as

wildcat is flashing but i cant find "func clr"
i have f1 dupe f2 curr f3 find

how do i continue also how do i set the base offset and step i found the first 2 in the menu but could not find step only "spacing" is this the same thing i know this thing is almost programmed thanks for you help

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012

wildcat is flashing but i cant find "func clr"
i have f1 dupe f2 curr f3 find
Move UP to ID: then SEL. Enter the ID then SEL again for entering ID alpha tag. The FUNC CL removes any previously entered tag and setting prompt at left for starting entry.

how do i continue also how do i set the base offset and step i found the first 2 in the menu but could not find step only "spacing" is this the same thing i know this thing is almost programmed thanks for you help
At step 13, go to step 21.Quick method is to use FUNC Down button. Remember to use Rt Button to Custom from Default.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
peteman,
The info above Step 21 will help to determine LoCh, HiCh and Offset settings. Use settings similar to those listed by Forts in thread #2.

Sparky53

I am trying to program my gre 500 for fleetnet zone 2
followed the instructions in the post
I am in perth so i have used the drummond center control and alternate channels all other settings are as in the post I get nothing I did notice one wildcard 8800
I am not clear on entering talkgroups using dec, hex etc
I have entered and get non digital such aslocal fire

Sparky53

Thanks for the reply
I beleive I did have the correct base and offsets etc
The unit was picking up talkgroup ids for the Perth and I was entering them but no still no voice - and yes I was getting conv channels.
Anyway I decided to clear the memory and start over and now I cannot find my back to the T Tables.
These units are much more interesting then 20 years ago when I last owned one.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Thanks for the reply
I beleive I did have the correct base and offsets etc
The unit was picking up talkgroup ids for the Perth and I was entering them but no still no voice - and yes I was getting conv channels.
Anyway I decided to clear the memory and start over and now I cannot find my back to the T Tables.
These units are much more interesting then 20 years ago when I last owned one.
PGM
Edit
Curr
Down to TSYS then SEL
FUNC Down then up to T Tables then right to Custom then SEL

Remember these rules:
Based on table listing for your system the offset is Lo Chan
1. Lo Chan and offset values are the same
2. Hi Chan is always one number less then following Lo Chan
3. Final Hi Chan is always 759 for Motorola trunking systems

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Just a quick update to this:

- Scroll down to 138-174 5KHz... make sure its set to Yes, save the changes

If you have the most up to date firmware in the radio, this entry is gone. It is replaced with a BANDPLAN=(CANADA/USA). For Fleetnet you would want Canada (obviously).

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada

radioskip1

At some point I'll muster the courage to open the box of my month-old Pro-106. I actually saw the ' T ' flashing and heard the P25 chatter for a few days after it was programmed to an area I was visiting in the southern United States by the RS dealer. So keep those instructions coming, FORT and fmon, I'm sure there is a continuing interest in this subject. Thanks!!

radioskip1

Yes, I picked up the RS 20-047 cable & software when it was on sale for $19 in the States. However I'm NOT on the 'correct' computer for programming. I'm one of those misguide Apple users! I can pick up a P4 PC running XP Pro for about $150 on Kijiji. Do you think that's something I should invest in? It would be cool to see the scanner operating on a monitor. Would a PC be required to enter you lists? And thanks for the offer...

hiltzy

Premium Subscriber
hi guys, I just purchased a pro-96 and want to program fleetnet zone 1. Just wondering what the difference is between the first way and the manual way to program it? or do you need to do both. I don't have a programming cable with it so i am assuming i would just follow manual

Status
Not open for further replies.