belleville police

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage308

well the opp cars sometimes sound like that as well and dispatch says you are 10-9 you are bonking out??, so i was hoping that was what was going on oh well
maybe someday the technology will be there to undo the encryption

VE3EJP

Premium Subscriber
Belleville Fire next? Scanning in Quinte slowly dying

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Could be software encryption like ADP. If someone can post a raw sample from DSD+ was can see what type it is.

jeffrogerson

If their comms were transitioned to MOTOTRBO, would the 536HP display show ENC? Does the scanner differentiate the type of encryption, or does it display ENC whenever there is a digital radio mode it doesn't understand?

general22

I Have a GRE 600 And I can still hear them some times, If that helps what type of Encryption they are useing ?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No... Just means that particular radio isn't transmitting with encryption enabled for one reason or another. General22 says it's AES, which it could be. Seems cheap for AES but maybe mother M was in a good mood :)

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
They are now fully encrypted. I sure did enjoy
listening to them for over 40 years.

I am surprised it took Chief "Cory" this long to have all comms encrypted..since she doesnt want the media or public knowing anything that is going on within her dept.

I figured after the fiasco with that twitter post last year from "BPS_FINEST" (aka Cst. Matt Lafrance) became public she would have had the encryption applied back then...or maybe that was the final straw that gave her the ammunition to get the city council to approve Chief "Cory's" request to finally get the encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.