Sault Fleetnet OPP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OPP switched talk groups a few days ago, in my area usually is was OPP Combined (Regular Ops) and now they are using solely Opp Detachements (detachment special events) anyone have any clue why they would switch?? could it be fleetnet upgrades?

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
Staffing issues in the Comm Centre, perhaps?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
They did this same thing in Zone 2 last Fall. Went from 1 combined for 2OPS42 into 4 different ones but still broadcasted on 2ops42.

weird, noticed its still like this around here. occasionally I will get something on the OPP Combined talk group or on the OPP Wide area but mainly on OPP Detachment Special Events Sault Ste Marie 4K (3OPS08)
also thought it was important to note is sounds like its the same dispatchers out of north bay.

SCPD

QRT
Yah the are now using the detachment talkgroups as the main talkgroups now but the regular Talkgroups like: 3OPS25, 3OPS24, etc are still used, they are all patched together for the area they are used in for example they have 3OPS08, 3OPS12 and 3OPS25 all patched together. And some of the vehicles for some reason don't have the detachment folder/talkgroups in there radio, so they have no choice but to use the main talkgroups until Motorola I guess reprograms it and puts in the detachment talkgroups, otherwise everyone else will be on the detachment Talkgroups. So otherwise you can still hear all the calls come through on the main Talkgroups just like before. But you can now listen to them on the detachment Talkgroups for the area you are in, like if you are in the Sault it would be 3OPS08, Wawa, White River, Hornepayne and Chapleau 3OPS12. For Thessalon same thing for the Detachment Talkgroup they use in that area.

Why they did this not sure yet, trying to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.