MNR Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciupa

Heard some alert tones that made me look at the scanner display. MNR 001 (tg 2768) and MNR 003 (tg 2800) were patched and the dispatcher identified as being in Sault Ste. Marie.

Essentially, it was for a BOLO for GTA and Eastern GTA for an individual to be approached with caution.

I'm holding on 2800 and still catching some Romeo units checking in with the Soo.

Not an everyday occurance down Toronto way. :eek:

bigcam406

i was listening to that tg this afternoon as well.had my PSR500 on wildcard and was listening to the OPP cleaning up the accident scene from last nights fatal accident on the 400 southbound,then heard some MNR officers.looked at the scanner and had to look up that tg.was stunned to hear that out here as well.

SCPD

QRT
Up here in Zone 3 all the MNR units are all dispatched from the Sault now, been like that since last year. They are no longer dispatched out of North Bay. So guessing maybe the Sault is taking over the Comms for the MNR down in your areas as well, guessing maybe it's getting too much for the OPP dispatcher to handle the calls and talking from them (MNR) if there is calls going on with the OPP, or MTO Enforcement. So doing it all from the Sault now and not having to worry about putting them on hold to go and deal with the OPP, etc. Now all there (MNR) calls can be answered almost right away.

That is just my guess as to why it's all done out of the Sault now and why you guys are now hearing the MNR being dispatched from the Sault.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I sorta remember a thread aboot the soft id's last year maybe. IIRC we were posting that MNR id's weren't id'ing themselves as ROMEO but this aft there was a number of ROMEO units calling Sault St. Marie.

The units were from places like Barrie, Brantford. Sounded like fishing areas.

And the RID for SSM was 18353.

Status
Not open for further replies.