cobourg police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haller212

i am wondering if anyone knows if cobourg police have upgraded their police radio's and have gone to a new frequency? i am currently using 410.68750 as their frequency but as of today the frequency doesn't talk anymore.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
There is 2 channels listed in the Database for them.

410.2875 PL 156.7 Police - FleetNet Mobile Repeater 1
410.6875 PL 186.2 Police - FleetNet Mobile Repeater 2

Maybe they're using the other channel, and maybe they're out of range of where you're listening from. They are mobile repeaters which usually only have a few km range.

Or if you have the capability, why not just listen to them on the trunked fleetnet system then you won't have to worry about the mobile repeaters.

Bell FleetNet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 2 Trunking System, Southeast Zone, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

i am wondering if anyone knows if cobourg police have upgraded their police radio's and have gone to a new frequency? i am currently using 410.68750 as their frequency but as of today the frequency doesn't talk anymore.

haller212

i know that the police where looking at getting rid of the fleetnet system and go with a different radio system. i just wondered as my scanner only uses the repeater frequencies. i just wondered if anyone had noticed they changed or anything??

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
Business Plan 2015-2018 Protection Services/Police Services
Capital Budget
Item Details Cost
Radio System To replace FleetNet $175,000 (2016) found in cobourg council meetings minutes

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Wonder if the mean 'replace Fleetnet' or 'replace Fleetnet radios'... I've heard Bell is telling customers they will need to replace any legacy gear in order to keep up with Fleetnet upgrades. $175k seems pretty cheap for a new radio system, although they could likely swing a TRBO or NXDN system for that.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Ah, well there you go then. Thanks for posting that! Boy, Owen Sound is really cleaning up in the dispatch business!

I wouldn't be suprised to see a MotoTRBO system then if they are going with Turris.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Can someone, close by, check Cobourg's old channel, 142.485. I seem to be getting the inversion data bursts, that is insync with Cobourg's 142.245 channel.

SCPD

QRT
so i should buy that dmr key from uniden , pdq to keep listening to fire in the county

Probably MotoTRBO for the county wide system but I can't say for sure nor can we know yet if it will be encrypted or clear for fire, police we can expect encryption but fire and works hard to say.

slicerwizard

there are numerous digitally capable towers located throughout the county

Damn. Are there still tower sites out there using analog electricity?

The Fire Service have been told by Cobourg Police that they also wish to move away from the Fleetnet system and purchase a similar system that Port Hope Police are using.

Aren't PHPD using analog? So CPD want analog? Seems odd.

Jammin_Jay

I wouldn't be surprised if they start using DMR radio system.
It seems that is the popular transistion these days to a digital system.
If cobourg goes conventional, it won't be analog, it just means they want a stand alone system
Like port hope, not necessarily the current voice inversion that port hope uses.
I find switching to 3 different methods in 5 or 6 years is a waste of money and time.

haller212

i have noticed today that someone has put an unkown database at frequency 422.350. I am trying it to see if this is Cobourg police or not. I will let you all know if I find it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.