Accidents, Tow Trucks, TPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

_jabber_

Driving by an accident scene on Lawrence W a week ago, noticed a bunch of tow trucks on route and on scene. Was wondering how they are getting their information these days. I am aware of TPS Twitter and Toronto CAD however I thought there was a delay in the call and publicizing it.

Any tow truck drivers care to share or am I missing something here.

PS: there were no EMS or TFS on scene or responding which first came to mind.

lukaradio

All these chase trucks have regular ordinary people that call them on accident locations, if the chaser gets to the accident first and gets a tow the person that gave them the tip will get paid $.

jaray

Premium Subscriber
Have a look at all the antennas on those tow vehicles - they’re listening even if its not legal in Ontario for commercial vehicles to have scanners.
I’ve heard OPP Comms Ctr mention on the air “if any tows are hearing...” so they know what’s happening.

Muxlow

Super Secret
That seems to be only in the GTA Orillia calls for 1st available tow. Havnt herd that any place els other then the GTA

ATCTech

Your "First available" only applies to OPP-patrolled roads. I believe Slicerwizard's post was a more general reply referring to non-monitorable PD services as well. Go crash your car on a Regional road or a city street in Brampton and watch how many hooks show up at once. Also, monitoring EMS and fire dispatch is a good resource as many MVAs are tiered response when injuries are unknown.

Last edited:

gary123

ONly GTA has the 'first available" voice over. All the rest of the province is based on the tow list.

Status
Not open for further replies.