RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Ontario

Ontario - Forum for discussing radio information in the province of Ontario.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 12:50 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

OK, I have been listening on the Sarsfield DMR site and nothing there just trucking etc.

So this is a mystery, the vhf frequencies are normally active.
Sponsored links
Old 08-16-2018, 10:31 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
Interesting though it's all the old stuff. Activity on 154.010 is not completely gone, heard paging to Embrun last night on it.

Dave
Yes you are correct, have been listening and there is still activity, just does not seem as busy.
Also heard Hawksbury dispatching a call.
Anyway I will keep and eye on everything and watch for a changeover.

MM
Old 08-17-2018, 1:13 PM

I listened on Hawkesbury/Vankleek Hill etc. 151.235, heard a bit of activity, but nothing to suggest that's where the wider activity moved to.

Fire chief's mention of Cornwall frequency last year was a bit vague. I listed out what is in TAFL, some but not all of which are in the DB, including "new" 164.175 DMR channel. I don't suppose somebody in the Cornwall area can fill in some detail? All, I can hear from down that way is 155.835, weak.

Dave

Actually, 154.635 repeater at Long Sault also comes in sometimes.
Old 08-17-2018, 1:56 PM

This was released june 2018

The Chief Administrative Officer advised that negotiations were held with Turris Communications Inc. following the Council’s directives at the special Council meeting of May 29. He announced that the final cost of replacing the Fire Dispatch Communication System will be $3.5 million for the eight (8) municipalities, over a 10- year period. He stated that if the City of Clarence-Rockland decides to withdraw from the agreement, the total cost will be reduced by $145,000. Furthermore, he mentioned that an additional $50,000 will have to be budgeted for the management of the project as well as an additional $10,000 as a contingency in the event that current infrastructure requires modifications while replacing the System.

So , it looks like turris may be making modifications to the current system, so some frequencies may have current radio comms, but others changed but Keep an eye for pending frequencies and the like, as this system will have a complete overhaul
In the future.

The link frequency in the 414 and 419 mhz , may have changed if thete is 0 activity, but that link as a central tower in st isidore to all other towers
Unless turris has changed the link routing and frequency,

Last edited by Jammin_Jay; 08-17-2018 at 2:00 PM..
Old 08-26-2018, 9:11 AM

A few days ago I heard P25 on 419.2875, enc. I think but could not confirm, very sporadic, gone now. NAC 322 looks like another user, probably US gov't.

Dave
Sponsored links
Old 08-28-2018, 9:53 AM

Early this morning I heard a large fire incident somewhere in N. Stormont around Moose Creek/Saint-Isidore area, Cummings Road mentioned but can't localize. Strong repeater on 154.130 which I had not heard before. Did not sound like Hawkesbury dispatching, probably Cornwall. I did not check activity on other frequencies, links, etc.

Dave
Old 08-28-2018, 1:17 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just checked what I have logged in SDR and I have marked it as Avonmore.

I also hear DMR bursts there also. No other info yet.
Old 08-28-2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmisk View Post
I just checked what I have logged in SDR and I have marked it as Avonmore.

I also hear DMR bursts there also. No other info yet.
Yes: South Dundas has been using DMR for several years, They are also on 163.545 DMR around Morrisburg.

https://tafl.mckie.ca/?detail=0000536405&prov=ON

At one point a chief asked for some link to be taken down, but the repeater was still active after that.

Quite a bit of tanker and water fill activity involving Crysler, St. Isidore, Avonmore etc. for several hours, but still did not get exact location of fire; maybe a barn? Searched for news online and didn't find anything.

Dave