LLYODS Shopping Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be in the Portland area what are the freqs for LLYODS Center and what county is it in. I tried looking for the freqs on the data base but did not see them
thanks
Midnightcaller

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to be in the Portland area what are the freqs for LLYODS Center and what county is it in. I tried looking for the freqs on the data base but did not see them
thanks
Midnightcaller
You are probably referring to Lloyd Center Mall in Portland, Multnomah County.

I haven't confirmed these, but they were in the 9th edition of the Northwest Frequency Directory:

- Chris

Unadan

Premium Subscriber
Let us know if you hear anything of interest at Lloyds. Maybe I'll throw those freqs in if so but hard to imagine it would be very stimulating.

Net-5

Okay. If you are bored on a summer Friday or Saturday night, head over to Lloyd Center with your scanner and an earpiece. Grab some fast food at the food court, find a seat, and watch the show begin. Tensions can run high in that place, and the food court is one of the trouble spots there... with rival gang members posturing, shoplifts gone bad, fights, car clouts, foot pursuits, robberies, the occasional shooting... I don't recall their freqs anymore, except that Housekeeping was on one (and all in Spanish language) and Security was on the other. The security unit radio numbering started at 100. "Baker unit" was their roving vehicle patrol ("Baker One" "Baker Two, etc) "and "Charlie unit" was bicycle patrol. There may have been a third freq for Maintenance workers, too.

So if you hear those security call signs, you are on the right freq.

Every so often they switch to a new contract security company but they have used the exact same freqs for at least 10 years now. I think the mall owns the radios.

If you really want to get hardcore, look up the freqs for Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. Get the right freq and you'll hear loss prevention sneaking around, following potential theives and coordinating where they are going to arrest them at. Loss Prevention also calls mall security to back them up.

Last edited:

KE7JFF

Okay. If you are bored on a summer Friday or Saturday night, head over to Lloyd Center with your scanner and an earpiece. Grab some fast food at the food court, find a seat, and watch the show begin. Tensions can run high in that place, and the food court is one of the trouble spots there... with rival gang members posturing, shoplifts gone bad, fights, car clouts, foot pursuits, robberies, the occasional shooting... I don't recall their freqs anymore, except that Housekeeping was on one (and all in Spanish language) and Security was on the other. The security unit radio numbering started at 100. "Baker unit" was their roving vehicle patrol ("Baker One" "Baker Two, etc) "and "Charlie unit" was bicycle patrol. There may have been a third freq for Maintenance workers, too.

So if you hear those security call signs, you are on the right freq.

Every so often they switch to a new contract security company but they have used the exact same freqs for at least 10 years now. I think the mall owns the radios.

If you really want to get hardcore, look up the freqs for Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. Get the right freq and you'll hear loss prevention sneaking around, following potential theives and coordinating where they are going to arrest them at. Loss Prevention also calls mall security to back them up.

Lloyd Center Security I do have to say is pretty professional but with the environment they are in, I think they would have to be.

Now, Washington Square I would say probably is the most unprofessional of them all. Listening to them, half the time they are just finding employee cars not parked in the special employee zone.

Net-5

Lloyd Center Security I do have to say is pretty professional but with the environment they are in, I think they would have to be.

Now, Washington Square I would say probably is the most unprofessional of them all. Listening to them, half the time they are just finding employee cars not parked in the special employee zone.

That is too bad about Washington Square Security. They used to be every professional. They were blue uniformed and armed just like Tigard PD, except with different patches and badges. Otherwise you could not tell the difference. They even had their own K-9 unit. And WCCCA (did I remember that right?) used to send Washington Square Security on things like 911 hangups and other similar type calls. Security had a couple of Tigard reserves working for them, and at least one moonlighting BPD motor officer (Kevin S). Security also had a TPD radios in their cars so they could communicate directly with TPD and WCCCA. Security was run like a small police department. This was years back...

Too bad they seem to have gone downhill. I'll bet they went contract and lost their weapons, too.

KE7JFF

That is too bad about Washington Square Security. They used to be every professional. They were blue uniformed and armed just like Tigard PD, except with different patches and badges. Otherwise you could not tell the difference. They even had their own K-9 unit. And WCCCA (did I remember that right?) used to send Washington Square Security on things like 911 hangups and other similar type calls. Security had a couple of Tigard reserves working for them, and at least one moonlighting BPD motor officer (Kevin S). Security also had a TPD radios in their cars so they could communicate directly with TPD and WCCCA. Security was run like a small police department. This was years back...

Too bad they seem to have gone downhill. I'll bet they went contract and lost their weapons, too.

I'm pretty certain they are still run by the mall itself, but yeah they are not armed far as I can see.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber

If they need to, WCCCA dispatchers will have mall security pop up on South 1 using 1Txx unit ids. That's only during larger emergencies, like fires, unruly crowds, etc (both of which I've heard). It'd be cool if they had their own TGID on the 800 system, though...

icom1020

Premium Subscriber

They used to be on 151.855? back in the early 80's. They drove white Malibus with red light bars One car said "Security Police" which technically wasn't true, but yes they were armed and looked like cops. The Lloyd center folks are a different story...

Status
Not open for further replies.