Lane Co. question

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairence

Hello.
New to the forum and not the least bit knowledgeable about the tech of scanners.

I've been connecting to the Lane County stream on my Android phone since October, but sometime around Christmas, the stream became un-listenable due to volume discrepancies. If I adjust my volume for the loud sound, then most other sounds are so quiet they're nearly inaudible. Adjusting to be able to hear those conversations results in an occassional ear-splitter when the louder conversations come on.

I am guessing, based on the feed description, that I'm only getting one channel, and the other channel is what I am just barely hearing.

So is there anything I can do, as a cell phone Radio Reference listener, to hear both sides of the feed at an equal volume level?

Thanks.

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
Hello.
New to the forum and not the least bit knowledgeable about the tech of scanners.

I've been connecting to the Lane County stream on my Android phone since October, but sometime around Christmas, the stream became un-listenable due to volume discrepancies. If I adjust my volume for the loud sound, then most other sounds are so quiet they're nearly inaudible. Adjusting to be able to hear those conversations results in an occassional ear-splitter when the louder conversations come on.

I am guessing, based on the feed description, that I'm only getting one channel, and the other channel is what I am just barely hearing.

So is there anything I can do, as a cell phone Radio Reference listener, to hear both sides of the feed at an equal volume level?

Thanks.

Click on the tab above that says 'Live Audio' and navigate to the "home page" for that feed, and click 'Report problem'.

The audio administrators do a great job of working with the feed providers (volunteers, all - for the most part) to resolve issues like that. It's probably something simple to fix.

northwst

Thank you for the Report... I have remedied the issues that alot of people were having including myself.
I was trying a different client to send the feed to RR, but I should have known better I have switched back to Scannercast. It is so much cleaner, although it has some crashing problems I will just have to deal with.

Maybe someone that has more knowledge about how to get the program to restart automagically after it crashes would really help... since I dont listen to my feed 24 /7.

Again thank you for the report and hope all is better now.

northwst

northwst

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.