RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Oregon Radio Discussion Forum

Oregon Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Oregon.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 9:23 PM

Default Lane Co. question

Hello.
New to the forum and not the least bit knowledgeable about the tech of scanners.

I've been connecting to the Lane County stream on my Android phone since October, but sometime around Christmas, the stream became un-listenable due to volume discrepancies. If I adjust my volume for the loud sound, then most other sounds are so quiet they're nearly inaudible. Adjusting to be able to hear those conversations results in an occassional ear-splitter when the louder conversations come on.

I am guessing, based on the feed description, that I'm only getting one channel, and the other channel is what I am just barely hearing.

So is there anything I can do, as a cell phone Radio Reference listener, to hear both sides of the feed at an equal volume level?

Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2011, 7:49 PM
Just another radio geek.
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairence View Post
Hello.
New to the forum and not the least bit knowledgeable about the tech of scanners.

I've been connecting to the Lane County stream on my Android phone since October, but sometime around Christmas, the stream became un-listenable due to volume discrepancies. If I adjust my volume for the loud sound, then most other sounds are so quiet they're nearly inaudible. Adjusting to be able to hear those conversations results in an occassional ear-splitter when the louder conversations come on.

I am guessing, based on the feed description, that I'm only getting one channel, and the other channel is what I am just barely hearing.

So is there anything I can do, as a cell phone Radio Reference listener, to hear both sides of the feed at an equal volume level?

Thanks.
Click on the tab above that says 'Live Audio' and navigate to the "home page" for that feed, and click 'Report problem'.

The audio administrators do a great job of working with the feed providers (volunteers, all - for the most part) to resolve issues like that. It's probably something simple to fix.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:59 PM

Smile

Thank you for the Report... I have remedied the issues that alot of people were having including myself.
I was trying a different client to send the feed to RR, but I should have known better I have switched back to Scannercast. It is so much cleaner, although it has some crashing problems I will just have to deal with.

Maybe someone that has more knowledge about how to get the program to restart automagically after it crashes would really help... since I dont listen to my feed 24 /7.

Again thank you for the report and hope all is better now.

northwst
Old 04-07-2011, 12:09 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

You could get an email if yor feed is down when the program stops
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORE007 View Post
You could get an email if yor feed is down when the program stops
I do have RR email me if the feed is down but the problem is I am not always home at the computer to be able to restart it. I am researching something that will do what I want.

Thanks

Edit: I have found a program to do just what I want... http://www.jockersoft.com/english/appmonitor_index.php

hopefully it performs.

Last edited by northwst; 04-07-2011 at 10:19 AM..
Sponsored links