Tillamook County Info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Cruising the FCC database listings, I see that Tillamook County has a large assortment of VHF frequencies that haven't been identified yet. Especially those in use by the various small towns, and a bunch assigned to the County itself.

Aside from what's in the RRDB at the moment, does anyone know what some of these are used for? Or perhaps someone has a good Tillamook listing they wouldn't mind sharing?

Hopefully I'll be over there shortly and able to do a little research myself. Thanks in advance!

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Well, I did some research and made up a basic Wiki page for Tillamook County public safety. Feel free to suggest corrections or updates. This is public info that was pulled from the web from all manner of public agencies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Well, I didn't get much time to monitor, but I do have several confirmations and a couple of changes.

Biggest change seems to be Tillamook SO / Law Dispatch. They appear to be using a different input frequency now (158.865) versus previously (155.415), at least in the Garibaldi & Tillamook area. You can hear the dispatch center, as well as deputies/officers, transmitting on 158.865.

154.725 [103.5] Tillamook SO / Law Dispatch - RX
158.865 Tillamook SO / Law Dispatch - TX

Then we have a couple of telemetry or SCADA channels for local water/sewer ops.

451.3875 [CSQ] Garibaldi Telm.

155.9400 [CSQ] Bay City Telm.

I was able to confirm most of the fire channels in use:

154.355 [103.5] Fire Dispatch
154.250 [103.5] Fire Tac 1R
155.265 [103.5] Fire Tac 2R
154.085 [192.8] Fire Tac 3R
154.040 [103.5] Fire Tac 4

Ambulance/medic units sound like they are being dispatched on 154.355, the countywide fire dispatch frequency, instead of on 462.950 as the RRDB shows. Units end in "41". Dispatch will put out a call on the main fire dispatch channel, then have units switch to a tac channel for response/working.

The RR was out giving train rides for Garibaldi Days:

160.305 Port of Tillamook RR

And of course Marine Ch. 16 and Ch. 22 were busy with fishing boats calling in to the USCG in Garibaldi for bar reports.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber

Must have been the OCSR (Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad) because the POTB is defunct. Last I recall, they were chopping up their locomotives for scrap.

Good to know they're still using the old frequency, though...

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Aha, thanks! That explains it. They had a few passenger cars, a couple of locomotives (one painted in cow livery), along with a steam locomotive also giving short rides to folks. Looks like they are based in Garibaldi, so that makes perfect sense.

And a little Google search turns up the OCSR web site for anyone interested...
Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad

More digging and I see it is the old Port of Tillamook Bay #101 GP9 in the cow livery, along with an old Great Northern F7 locomotive that I saw on static display.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Aha, thanks! That explains it. They had a few passenger cars, a couple of locomotives (one painted in cow livery), along with a steam locomotive also giving short rides to folks. Looks like they are based in Garibaldi, so that makes perfect sense.

And a little Google search turns up the OCSR web site for anyone interested...
Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad

More digging and I see it is the old Port of Tillamook Bay #101 GP9 in the cow livery, along with an old Great Northern F7 locomotive that I saw on static display.
Sad that the F7 unit is only static now - she seemed to run rather well when they brought it and the SP4449 to Sherwood a few years back. I wonder if Doyle is leaving it there, or if he's going to move it back once the ORHF builds their museum near OMSI?

A picture of the beautiful F7 we're talking about
RailPictures.Net Photo: GN 274 Great Northern EMD F7(A) at Garibaldi, Oregon by Don Delitz

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Yep, that's the one. That really is a great shot!

A little OT, but it's too bad that railroads have in many cases been abandoned. With all of the gas price increases for trucking, the better overall fuel economy, and miles upon miles of existing tracks, trains would be a perfect fit for shipping as they used to be.

JB

Premium Subscriber
Just spent a week in the area myself. Tillamook Dispatch is "800" on both the FD and PD sides
Medic units are FD Station # for first 2 digits and '41' for last 2. i.e. 1141 is out of Manzanita. 3141 Garibaldi etc. Only got a few FD station #'s. Nelhalem Bay Fire/Rescue (Manzanita and Nelhalem areas) are stations 11 and 13. Tillamook Fire is Sta 71, 72, 73. Bay City is Sta 41. Garibaldi is Sta 31. Nestucca Fire Stations are in the 80s.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
I know this is somewhat of an old thread that i just stumbled on but i have knowledge of radio system in Tillamook county as firefighting and reprogramming the radios and pagers. Most of the info i saw posted in this thread is correct. Just thought i would throw it out there that if anyone has any questions particularly with Tillamook county let me know :)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well, I didn't get much time to monitor, but I do have several confirmations and a couple of changes.

Biggest change seems to be Tillamook SO / Law Dispatch. They appear to be using a different input frequency now (158.865) versus previously (155.415), at least in the Garibaldi & Tillamook area. You can hear the dispatch center, as well as deputies/officers, transmitting on 158.865.

154.725 [103.5] Tillamook SO / Law Dispatch - RX
158.865 Tillamook SO / Law Dispatch - TX

Then we have a couple of telemetry or SCADA channels for local water/sewer ops.

451.3875 [CSQ] Garibaldi Telm.

155.9400 [CSQ] Bay City Telm.

I was able to confirm most of the fire channels in use:

154.355 [103.5] Fire Dispatch
154.250 [103.5] Fire Tac 1R
155.265 [103.5] Fire Tac 2R
154.085 [192.8] Fire Tac 3R
154.040 [103.5] Fire Tac 4

Ambulance/medic units sound like they are being dispatched on 154.355, the countywide fire dispatch frequency, instead of on 462.950 as the RRDB shows. Units end in "41". Dispatch will put out a call on the main fire dispatch channel, then have units switch to a tac channel for response/working.

And of course Marine Ch. 16 and Ch. 22 were busy with fishing boats calling in to the USCG in Garibaldi for bar reports.

Please be sure to get this confirmed stuff added to the database - use the 'submit' tab on the upper right hand side. This is really the only way that corrections can be 'cobbled together'. Here is the database link for Tillamook ...

Tillamook County, Oregon (OR) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

best regards...Mike

mikepdx

Just spent a week in the area myself. Tillamook Dispatch is "800" on both the FD and PD sides
Medic units are FD Station # for first 2 digits and '41' for last 2. i.e. 1141 is out of Manzanita. 3141 Garibaldi etc. Only got a few FD station #'s. Nelhalem Bay Fire/Rescue (Manzanita and Nelhalem areas) are stations 11 and 13. Tillamook Fire is Sta 71, 72, 73. Bay City is Sta 41. Garibaldi is Sta 31. Nestucca Fire Stations are in the 80s.

Sta. 41 Bay City RFPD
Sta. 31 Garibaldi RFPD
Sta. 11 Manzanita RFPD
Sta. 13 Nehalem RFPD
Sta. 83 Nestucca RFPD - Beaver Station
Sta. 86 Nestucca RFPD - Blaine Station
Sta. 81 Nestucca RFPD - Cloverdale Station
Sta. 84 Nestucca RFPD - Neskowin Station
Sta. 82 Nestucca RFPD - Pacific City Station
Sta. 85 Nestucca RFPD - Sandlake Station
Sta. 61 Netarts-Oceanside RFPD - Main Sta.
Sta. 62 Netarts-Oceanside RFPD - Oceanside Station
Sta. 21 Rockaway RFPD
Sta. 71 Tilllamook FD - Main Sta.
Sta. 72 Tilllamook FD - South Substation
Sta. 73 Tilllamook FD - Cape Meares Substation

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
One note on the above stations. Station 11 Manzanita Fire is no longer. We combined the fire district and it is now all Station 13 Nehalem Bay Fire District

Status
Not open for further replies.