New Trimet 700 system sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
A response I got from joescaner asking another question about the DB entry:

> > -Minor nit: TriMet is actually called a "transportation
> district", even though it technically is a "mass transit district"
> > Tri-County Metropolitan Transit District of Oregon (TriMet) Trunking System, Portland, Oregon - Scanner Frequencies
>
> Yeah, blame the system engineer that submitted the data to
> the FCC. I had it fixed at one point and someone changed it back.
>
> There's a couple sites missing there too (Polivka, Parkrose,
> Livingston Mt., and Bald Peak)

DickH

Yesterday (11-02-12) around 7 AM I copied the freqs. listed in that link to the FCC database for WQND291. There were a lot of freqs. marked ADD for Sites 9, 10 & 11. About one hour later when I looked at the listing, all the "ADD" freqs. were gone. Site 10 is Livingston Mt. and I think site 11 is Bald Peak.
I've never had that happen before. Any ideas?

Gezelle007

Lurker in the Deep
Premium Subscriber
...About one hour later when I looked at the listing, all the "ADD" freqs. were gone. Site 10 is Livingston Mt. and I think site 11 is Bald Peak.
I've never had that happen before. Any ideas?

The ULS has always been a bit glitchy on my end as well, not to mention quite slow.

On a side note, is this system Tait or Motorola?

DickH

Any comment about my post (above) concerning WQND291. ?
Also what's the status on the conventional freqs. I submitted?

cinsu

I guess this system isn't monitored much, the Livingston site is live with a control channel of 770.2937.

I am only able to pick up the Livingston, Council Crest and Mt. Scott sites. I spent a little time on each site that I could pick up and Council Crest seems to be the most active. In about an hour I picked up 8 groups and 32 users. I did hear voice traffic on talkgroups 1777, 1763 and 1765. I believe there was data transmissions on talkgroups 8 and 6. I have submitted the Livingston site to the database and will spend some time to try and identify the talkgroups

cinsu

A further update, talkgroup 1777 on 700mhz appears to be patched with talkgroup 28432 on 800mhz which agrees with the bus type traffic that I am hearing.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
I believe that the 800 mHz talk groups match up to the 700 ones when divided by 16 (700 mHz doesn't have room status bits)

Also, the singular numbered groups should be private calls to buses; all of the location, etc data is on separate frequencies.

What scanner are you using?

cinsu

BCD396XT but monitoring in UniTrunker. I don't have the list on front of me but I did a submission to the database for 4 talkgroups

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
So let me help you guys out - I was going to submit this, but it seems cinsu is listening more actively than myself. :)

These have all been logged or heard since before the system went live. I was planning on submitting it, but I didn't want to create duplicate work for the DB admins. Also, if you think the category names need to be changed or talkgroups organized in a different way, feel free to do so.

EDIT: Probably should get rid of the 001 TG that was used for audio testing - I haven't seen it come up now that the system is live.

Code:
MODIFY SITE
Pete's Mountain
Site 103 
770.28125c (no alternate control channels)

NEW SITE
Livingston (Camas, WA)
Site 105
770.29375c

NEW SITE: 
Bald Peak
Site 106
769.86875c

Category: Busses
1777, BUS DISP, Bus Dispatch 
1781, BUS TAC 1, Road Operations Tac 1 
1741, BUS TAC 2, Road Operations Tac 2 

Category: MAX Light Rail
1763, MAX EAST, Eastside Train Movement (82nd Ave - Cleveland/Airport/Clackamas TC)
1765, MAX WEST, Westside Train Movement (PGE Park to Hatfield)   
1767, MAX CENTR, Central Train Movement (Expo Center - RQ - Banfield)
1771, MAX CBD, CBD Train Movement (PGE Park - Willamette River)
1761, ELYARD, Elmonica Yard operations 
1769, RJYARD, Ruby Junction Yard operations

Category: MAX Light Rail Maintainence of Way
1739, RL MNT WEST, Rail Maintenance - Westside 
1745, RL MNT CBD, Rail Maintenance - CBD 
1749, RL MNT CENTR, Rail Maintenance - Downtown/Interstate 
1759, RL MNT EAST, Rail Maintenance - Eastside/Red Line 

Category: Service & Tactical
1747, CUST SVC, Customer Service  
1757, FI-TAC, Fare Inspection Tactical  
1773, STA AGNT, Rail Operations - Tac 2 / Administration / Manpower  
1779, R-CHECK, Repeat-Offender Checks/Records  
1751, TAC WEST, West tactical channel 
1753, TAC CENTRAL, Central tactical channel 
1755, TAC CBD, CBD tactical channel 
1775, TAC EAST, Eastside tactical channel 

Category: Emergency Operations
1743, TMICS1, TriMet ICS 1  
1789, TMICS2, TriMet ICS 2  
1791, TMICS3, TriMet ICS 3  

Category: Portland Streetcar
2401, STREETCAR, Portland Streetcar Main

Last edited:

cinsu

So let me help you guys out - I was going to submit this, but it seems cinsu is listening more actively than myself. :)

These have all been logged or heard since before the system went live. I was planning on submitting it, but I didn't want to create duplicate work for the DB admins. Also, if you think the category names need to be changed or talkgroups organized in a different way, feel free to do so.

I think you are my new friend :) You have logged quite a few more talkgroups then I have. I only caught traffic on a few frequently used ones. Have you seen any unique radio IDs not just the patch? I see various radios affiliation but no calls.

I just moved back to the area from Kansas and have been going through scanning systems and comparing it with the DB info. Found quite a bit of missing data on not frequently used systems, I think most of it has been updated now though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
I've been told that there's many, many more talk groups programmed into the system; many users don't have digital radios yet so there's no need to broadcast on them.

At least some of the supervisor and maybe other non-revenue vehicles do have digital radios in them, and do get used. You can really tell on the 800 mHz side.

All voice communication to the buses (both fixed route and LIFT) is done via private calls on the 700 mHz system; its been said that some scanners can't pick them up since the system is not from Motorola. I know the Radio Shack Pro-197 works fine. The called radio IDs match up to the vehicle numbers.

Nit:

Category: MAX Light Rail Maintainence of Way
1749, RL MNT CENTR, Rail Maintenance - Downtown/Interstate
1759, RL MNT EAST, Rail Maintenance - Eastside/Red Line

1749 should be "Rail Maintenance - Central" and 1759 should be "Rail Maintenance - East"; they match up to the main channels. And Maintenance is spelled wrong in the category title

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
All voice communication to the buses (both fixed route and LIFT) is done via private calls on the 700 mHz system; its been said that some scanners can't pick them up since the system is not from Motorola. I know the Radio Shack Pro-197 works fine. The called radio IDs match up to the vehicle numbers.

We have found that the Uniden radios don't seem to be able to handle the private calls on the TriMet system. The GRE radios do, as you have seen.

I'm also using a PRO-197 and have no problems with the private calls. But the Uniden 396 or 996 radios just don't see them for some reason.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.