Problems Scanning TriMet Council Crest Site Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Normally I only monitor the Council Crest TriMet site because its the main site and carries all the radio traffic. I can get that site full signal strength at my place in Sherwood and driving around Sherwood too.

I noticed last night that my WS1080 showed full signal strength on the site but the "T" meaning that the radio was decoding trunked control channel data was missing and I wasn't getting any traffic. Also, my 436HP and 536HP show "LNK" for link all of the time on that site when the other sites show "DAT" for data meaning that the radio is decoding control channel data. I haven't made any programming changes. My radios have been scanning the Council Crest site for weeks but yesterday they just stopped. Again both Uniden and Whistler.

Since those 3 radios don't allow you to view any system/site info I programmed the site into my older 396XT and I am finding some kind of data on 770.08125 and 772.35625 and neither is showing any system or site info at all. When I put the radio in manual mode and scroll through the site freqs I just get a brief data burst on those two then the radio goes silent. Also I'm getting analog open carrier on 772.85625 even with the attenuator turned on.

Is anyone else having any problems monitoring Council Crest? Pete's Mountain is coming in fine with no issues but it doesn't carry all the traffic.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I programmed 770.08125 and 772.35625 in as separate P25 trunk systems into my 436HP and they both say LNK instead of DAT. Also, they are both only licensed for Council Crest so I don't know why they are both active at the same time. I programmed them into my WS1080 as P25 conventional and they are both showing E27 NAC so they are P25.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Its Monday and I guess the techs came to work and fixed something because I'm getting Council Crest again just like before with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.