RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Oregon Radio Discussion Forum

Oregon Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Oregon.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2018, 4:59 PM

Also, 772.381250 is licensed as a single frequency site at the ODOT Government Camp Sand Shed at the intersection of Hwy 26 and Hwy 35.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/...llsign=WQVA854
Old 01-05-2018, 5:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The licensing is all over the place, I havenít been able to find a license for half of the sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 11:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

OregonScanner,

Monitoring the Mt Hood, Skamania and Portland sites I'm seeing Brightwood (Site 34) with a control channel of 851.45 and alternates of 852.725, 852.975, 856.325, 856.7875. I'm not able to monitor directly in my current location. 852.975 is licensed to Clackamas County for their Analog Trunk system. Any thoughts?
Old 01-06-2018, 7:31 AM

Most of the OSRP frequencies are covered by a single 700 MHz SL "State License." There are certain 700MHz frequencies that are allocated for state use and a state 700 license (as far as I know) allows for the state to use the frequencies anywhere in the state without having to get individual licenses for those 700 frequencies.

ULS License - Public Safety 700 MHZ Band-State License License - WPTZ796 - State of Oregon

This document was originally attached to the state license. It has coverage maps of all of the state sites and the last page lists lists all of the channel pairs at each of the state sites .

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/a...Ind=applAttach

Every 700 MHz frequency is assigned a channel number. The above document lists the these channel numbers. To find out what channel number corresponds to each frequency see this page:

https://wiki.radioreference.com/inde...fety_Band_Plan

For example the Chehalem Mountain (Newberg) site uses 700MHz channel 107 which is a state license frequency. If you check the 700Mhz band plan page above you will see that 107 corresponds to frequency 769.66875.

Some 700Mhz frequencies are "general use" 700MHz frequencies and are separately licensed as SY Trunked public safety 700Mhz.

Example: 771.43125 on Chehalem Mtn (Newberg) is a general use frequency and is separately licensed.

A few sites such as Chehalem Mtn (Newberg) and Eagle Crest (West Salem) use a mix of state licensed frequencies and general use 700 frequencies.

And then there are the 800Mhz sites in Deschutes County. Those sites/licenses are owned by the county not the state which is why those are separately licensed.

As for what you are seeing with Brightwood, I'm not sure what is going on.
Old 01-06-2018, 2:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinsu View Post
OregonScanner,

Monitoring the Mt Hood, Skamania and Portland sites I'm seeing Brightwood (Site 34) with a control channel of 851.45 and alternates of 852.725, 852.975, 856.325, 856.7875. I'm not able to monitor directly in my current location. 852.975 is licensed to Clackamas County for their Analog Trunk system. Any thoughts?
I show the current CC for 34 - Brightwood site to be 769.44375.

The 852.725 is, or was, an East Clackmas analog freq.
Sponsored links
Old 01-07-2018, 12:07 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I went for a drive today. I'm not sure what's going on with the Brightwood site. It's broadcast on it's normal frequency but in unitrunker it's identifying with a different frequency as a peer and when monitoring the control channel for the site it shows the same data. I watched it for 30 minutes and never had any voice or audio traffic while the Mt Hood site had loads of traffic.

I went as close to the coordinates for the Foremans Point and Bennett Pass sites as I could access and never received anything on the prescribed frequencies. I also did a search of the 700 mhz band and only received the already identified Mt Hood, Agency Plains, Grizzly and Powell Butte sites.

I kept the frequency OregonScanner posted for the Government Camp ODOT site open on a spare radio I had during my entire visit and drive around the area and never received any traffic.

I did submit some updates to the system in the database, adding the site licenses and corrected primary and alternate control channels on a handful of sites.

There are still some sites that don't have any control channels identified or only have one. I am only submitting corrections for those that I have been able to confirm although I think it's safe to say all channels are alternate control channels on most of the sites.
Old 01-07-2018, 4:04 AM

Quote:
I went as close to the coordinates for the Foremans Point and Bennett Pass sites as I could access and never received anything on the prescribed frequencies. I also did a search of the 700 mhz band and only received the already identified Mt Hood, Agency Plains, Grizzly and Powell Butte sites.

I kept the frequency OregonScanner posted for the Government Camp ODOT site open on a spare radio I had during my entire visit and drive around the area and never received any traffic.
Thank you for checking on those.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinsu View Post

I made a quick trip to Portland and back yesterday, got the same results. Was hoping I would snag Foremans point, but got nothing. There is about a 10 mile gap on Hwy 26, around milepost 72 that I couldn't get coverage on any site.

I was hoping to see the new silver OSP car up there as that's where one of the first cars went, but no luck.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:49 PM

Thank you guys for all your hard work; keeping us updated.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:08 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I would have to agree that Foremans Point is not in service. Took a road trip today, drove HWY 26 from Madras to HWY 216 and back to Maupin. Had the laptop with the SDR and stopped several times and never picked up any sites that haven't already been accounted for. In the dead zone along 26 MP 72 I pulled over to see if I could get it and nothing. Either they decided to not do it or maybe they'll bring it on in the spring.
Old 01-10-2018, 2:23 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I finally figured out where site 33 is. Goodnoe Hill, KLICKITAT, WA
Has an additional freq of 770.96875

Submitted to the database.
Old 01-11-2018, 4:55 PM

TG 38125 is OSP Albany
Old 01-12-2018, 9:35 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default TG 40931 on West Salem

Can anyone identify this? This is from the West Salem Site on 1-8-18. Attached is a zip file with a MP3 inside.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 01-08-18 - Unknown - TGID-40931 - 40931.zip (8.6 KB, 16 views)