RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Oregon Radio Discussion Forum

Oregon Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Oregon.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2018, 2:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Talking Umatilla County

So, I just moved to Hermiston. I am hosting a feed with local public safety agencies and trying to familiarize myself. Does anyone know much about the area they can fill me in on? Ie. Unit designations, 10 codes, 12 codes, really anything. I will be joining a HAM group soon I hope and make some contacts that way, but I love emergency management and prepping and as a former 911 dispatcher and police officer myself I just like to be aware of what is going on around me.
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2018, 8:54 AM

Welcome to Oregon! Good to hear that you want to start a feed for that area. Umatilla and Morrow Counties could use a good radio/scanner feed. (Especially during the brush fire season!) I will PM you some fire info I have for both counties.
Old 10-06-2018, 1:49 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not real familiar with any specific lingo or 10-code or the like that Umatilla County uses. I am still learning more about their UHF Trunked Radio System. I recently established a scanner feed that covers some of the Umatilla County Fire Agencies. I am in Southeast WA and we use all conventional analog VHF.

Brandon
Old 10-07-2018, 11:39 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielder3 View Post
Welcome to Oregon! Good to hear that you want to start a feed for that area. Umatilla and Morrow Counties could use a good radio/scanner feed. (Especially during the brush fire season!) I will PM you some fire info I have for both counties.
Thanks for the welcome, I am quickly figuring out some of the info up here. I love it here so far. Nevada wasn't my cup of tea, but the Pacific Northwest is so beautiful and the people so far have been so incredibly friendly. People seem laid back and yet care about the things in life that actually matter.
Old 10-19-2018, 4:35 PM

You probably have figured out the fire district numbering for Umatilla County, but if not, here goes; 2 Digit numbering.

10 Pendleton FD
20 Umatilla County Fire Dist #1 (Hermiston, Stanfield)
30 Echo
40 Umatilla BIA
50 Pilot Rock
60 East Umatilla County Fire (Weston, Athena, Adams)
70 Helix

?Umatilla FD (West, and Power City Sta.)
?Ukiah
?Meacham QRT
?Milton-Freewater City FD
?Milton-Freewater Rural (Eastside, Umapina)
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2018, 1:12 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile Thanks

Thanks for that. I hadn't had time to sit and figure too much out yet. We literally just finished unpacking after 3 weeks. I got my scanned up and going about a week and a half ago and have listened a little. I am going tomorrow to a breakfast with our local HAM club so I am hoping to meet some folks there.

I just noticed that there isn't a Morrow County feed so I might use my secondary scanner for that... still debating. I am seriously considering purchasing some old BC-780XLT's and doing a few feeds. I have one digital at home which is all that I am feeding with now, but I have a BC-780CLT that I could feed Morrow County with.

Looks like there is very little digital out this way. Back in the midwest everyone was going to it so I have a handheld plus one in my car, one in my truck and one at home. I am hoping to start a wiki page for this area for unit identifiers and what not.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willstuder View Post
Looks like there is very little digital out this way.
There might be some digital at the FedEx Freight and UPS DCs there on the I-82/I-84 interchange. Also there's the old Army depot there on the NW side. Not sure if there's still any activity over there. It's now a part of the Oregon Military Department... so that should be a good target for monitoring.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...lla/308293002/

Oregon Military Department investing millions in Camp Umatilla - Local News - East Oregonian
Old 10-29-2018, 1:30 AM

Pendleton FD is single digit starting at 1. Umatilla Rural FD is the 10 units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielder3 View Post
You probably have figured out the fire district numbering for Umatilla County, but if not, here goes; 2 Digit numbering.

10 Pendleton FD
20 Umatilla County Fire Dist #1 (Hermiston, Stanfield)
30 Echo
40 Umatilla BIA
50 Pilot Rock
60 East Umatilla County Fire (Weston, Athena, Adams)
70 Helix

?Umatilla FD (West, and Power City Sta.)
?Ukiah
?Meacham QRT
?Milton-Freewater City FD
?Milton-Freewater Rural (Eastside, Umapina)