RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Outdoor Recreations

Outdoor Recreations If it moves, shoot it. If it lacks all civilized amenities, sleep in it. Does a piece of paper never look right unless it has holes in it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 8:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've bought tires and repair kits from Walmart, no problem. You will always get what you pay for, but if you don't have the scratch, what are you going to do? Buy the best you can, treat it properly, and it should last until you have more $ to upgrade later.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Walmart, No!

When I've looked at the bicycle brands at Walmart, I've found Bel products. Although I've never used this brand, I prefer several others because some carry lifetime warranties, Cateye. Although some of their accessories are sometimes pricey, I can assure you, they stand behind their product line. They've replaced more than one of my lights when asked. In most cases, it is I who damaged the light, not their quality of workmanship. I believe these are still available from this online store. Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Cycling Gear: Bike Discounts & Deals from Nashbar

Here is another online source: Find Bikes, Cycling Clothing, Bike Parts & Bike Shoes Or Your Local Bike Store at Performance.

Although I've listed two online sources, I still try to buy at a local bicycle shop, provided they have what I want.