ARC 500 can't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdharvin

When I try to connect to RR thru ARC-500 it says radiorefdisconnected retreaving http information. what am I doing wrong??

My user name is jdharvin and when I first logged on on the internet it said something about my not activating my account but it let me in after that and seems to do fine, but mt ARC-500 will not connect.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
When I try to connect to RR thru ARC-500 it says radiorefdisconnected retreaving http information. what am I doing wrong??

My user name is jdharvin and when I first logged on on the internet it said something about my not activating my account but it let me in after that and seems to do fine, but mt ARC-500 will not connect.
Aug 1 RR went to a new setup, ARC software is not set for this new concept yet.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let me clarify this above statement...

Butel updated all their software to work with the new RadioReference Web service... and most of Butel's software is working perfectly. However, the update software release of ARC500 looks like it included a bug that is preventing it from accessing the new Web service.

Just as a reminder, as of 8/1/2009 - RadioReference switched off the "old" Web service which was scheduled to be shutdown at that time, and vendors and software developers were given almost 1 year's advance notice to complete the transition - and they did.

Butel is aware of the bug issue, however their chief developer is on holiday till mid-August. Please understand that everyone has to take a vacation, and huge corporations aren't part of the hobbyist radio communications community. Butel is committed to fixing the issue as soon as possible, so expect an update to this software mid-August that will resolve the connection issues to the Web service.

Folks, remember, we're all working hard as a team to provide great service to you. Be patient with the entire community as we all progress.... Please, no *****ing and complaining... the issue is concrete and apparent... please let it progress to resolution.

MODS: Please let this thread stay here for visibility. Thanks!

Warm regards,

Last edited:

918Dave

I'm attempting to perform a web import with my WIN500 software. I've never had any problems prior to todays attempt? I was instructed to copy the error message and post to RR. Hope I picked the correct froum? Here is the error message I received after clicking the start button:

XML error detected: no element found

near:

^

while requesting URL:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/xml1.1/?ol=1

dtaylor505

BCD396T problem after ARC software upgrade

I'm using a BCD396T with the latest firmware. In order to connect with the RR database, I recently had to update my ARC 396 basic software to version 3.1.001 basic.

Immediately after the upgrade, the software failed to detect the scanner. The connection to the RR database through the ARC software is fine. I am using a Uniden USB Cable to connect the scanner to my PC. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

puln418

396 issues

I am having the same problems. I had to reload old software to be able to contoll scanner. Still cant connect with RR HELP

dtaylor505

BCD396T problem after ARC software upgrade

I can control the scanner with the old software but not connect to RR. I can connect with RR with the new software but it doesn't recogonize the scanner. Looks like I'll be waiting until the boys in Europe get back from the beach.

fsalter

I'm using a BC296D with the BC250P software version 1.22 that is supposed to be the latest and greatest. I have my Zone Alarm to allow access and I have a premium account. When I click on the Webservice Button I get two error messages.

SOAP-ENV: Client

operation 'x' is not defined in the WSDL for this service.

I then click on the box to shut it down and I get a new error message that says:

Oeps, en error occurred 75 - Path File access error.

I dropped a message on the Yahoo Forum site for Butel software so hopefully someone will know what I'm doing wrong.

Anybody else have this problem?

Fred Salter

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
This image is current version and works with new SOAP RR import.

Edit: However, 1.22 is in fact the new version for import, not sure why Help>About still indicates the data in the image.

Last edited:

Digger01

ARC fix

Went to update my scanners and experienced the issue mentioned in the threads...cannot connect. As I browse the threads it appears the fix has not been completed yet. (?) Am I missing something or is it still a work in progress?..if so, when do you anticipate it being fixed?

Thank you...Ray V, Aiken, SC

Status
Not open for further replies.