Bucks County Programming Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mg3610

Premium Subscriber
I am stumped. I am trying to monitor Bucks County on a BC785D and I cant figure it out. I have all the data programmed as best as I can figure, however, I am receiving all system transmissions (cops and everything), whereas I just want to monitor fire talkgroups.

Help!

caffman263

I am stumped. I am trying to monitor Bucks County on a BC785D and I cant figure it out. I have all the data programmed as best as I can figure, however, I am receiving all system transmissions (cops and everything), whereas I just want to monitor fire talkgroups.

Help!

Ok, I'm not too familiar with the Unidens, but I'll give it a shot. From what I read in the manual for your scanner (Link here)
  • ID SCAN recieves only talkgroups that you have programmed into the scanner
  • SEARCH mode will recieve all talkgroups on the system (like "open" mode on the Pro-96

You should be able to lock out what you don't want using either mode, or you can only program the fire Talkgroups into the bank (may be easier since there are only 5 Fire TGs on the system)

• 464 - Fire North
  • 496 - Fire South
  • 528 - Fire West
  • 560 - Fire East
  • 592 - Fire Emergency

The good news is that you're hearing anything at all, Bucks has a custom table which can be a pain in the you-know-where. :lol:

Hope this helps! :)

Oh, you may want to start saving the pennies for a newer scanner. According to this Article (taken from the announcements forum) Bucks will be narrowbanding within the next 4 years or so.

fineshot1

I may be spending some time in bucks county and would like to program this system in my RS Pro-95 scanner and looked over the DB but do not see any digital or encrypted talk groups referenced even though it states its a "Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface" system. Yes - I know my 95 will not do digital so I just want to put in the analog TG's but just wondering why I do not see in the DB any D or E entries.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I may be spending some time in bucks county and would like to program this system in my RS Pro-95 scanner and looked over the DB but do not see any digital or encrypted talk groups referenced even though it states its a "Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface" system. Yes - I know my 95 will not do digital so I just want to put in the analog TG's but just wondering why I do not see in the DB any D or E entries.

All the TG's are digital. The database has been updated to reflect this. Sorry about the omission. I have not paid much attention to the Bucks section of the database since my scanner is already programmed for Bucks. It looks like the conventional side needs a little fixing up, too. I'll add it to the to do list.

fineshot1

ok - i re-looked over the bucks county db and what would i program in conventional for the "County Fire rebroadcasts" for the quakertown and milford square area? I guess its either north or west?

Status
Not open for further replies.