Walmart - Frequency change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Noticed most of my local Walmart stores are now using 154.5700 with CSQ instead if 151.6250 PL67.0 The last month or two noticed new radios associates were using but some still had the older version Motorola XTN series radios.

Anybody know why the change, make them more universal? Before they were all over the place on 151.955, 154.5700 and 151.625.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed the same thing down here in Texas. Apparently some of the radios are transmitting on a 77.0 tone but the majority are CS on 154.570.

tactcom42

Premium Subscriber
walmart is doing a major fix on there radios.In the distribution centers alot of there radios were programed wrong.so a contracted company {Bearcom} is going around fixing the mess.we use cp200 uhf handhelds in maintenance and cm300,m1225 on all forklifts.We have 3 channels on repeater and 3 not.Nice radios.but the ext mikes dont last long or the ext mike jack on the side of the radio.very bad.

cartman

Icom transmit problem

IF they use 151.82, 151.88, 151.94, 154.57, and 154.60, they do not require a license.

I'm p/t at a NC store and we too just went to this new Motorola RDX radio, only problem is, and I don't know where to start to fix mine, but we've been operating on 151.820, but just last week they put some supervisor's on 151.880, and now there's some code, tone code or something in their radio preventing them from hearing my icom. Unless the Motorola manual has some code information in it I don't know what it might be. My icom manual lists all types of code info but it's anybodys guess whats in that Motorola. If you or anybody has a clue by all means send it my way.

captclint

Mentor
I'm p/t at a NC store and we too just went to this new Motorola RDX radio, only problem is, and I don't know where to start to fix mine,
If you are employee who was given a radio, why do YOU have to fix it? Why can't you hand you radio in and have it programmed correctly. I don't think you need a new radio if it is programmed correctly with the right PL/DPL tones? I just realized you short hand for part time. Still, if you were given a radio to do you job, even part time, then they should fix it so you can continue to do your job and communicate with others.

Last edited:

ChrisRupert

Being a former associate of Wal-Mart, I believe the change was done to get the store off of some frequencies that require a FCC license, such as the 151.625 "Red Dot" and 151.955 "Purple Dot" on VHF and some UHF frequencies that I don't know off the top of my head. With the 5 MURS frequencies, the stores can have a good choice of frequencies. I know our store uses 1 frequency for the "main" and 1 frequency used for Operations and Asset Protection. The store had used FRS during the holiday season and when Wal-Mart had Lay-A-Way, prior to Site to store.

cartman

If you are employee who was given a radio, why do YOU have to fix it? Why can't you hand you radio in and have it programmed correctly. I don't think you need a new radio if it is programmed correctly with the right PL/DPL tones? I just realized you short hand for part time. Still, if you were given a radio to do you job, even part time, then they should fix it so you can continue to do your job and communicate with others.

No, allow me to clarify, "I'm using my own radio, an Icom walkie", not theirs, I found their frequency and programmed it into my Icom, however, whenever I key up their not hearing me, I hear them fine. Help or suggestions please?

W2SJW

Database Admin
Being a former associate of Wal-Mart, I believe the change was done to get the store off of some frequencies that require a FCC license, such as the 151.625 "Red Dot" and 151.955 "Purple Dot" on VHF and some UHF frequencies that I don't know off the top of my head. With the 5 MURS frequencies, the stores can have a good choice of frequencies. I know our store uses 1 frequency for the "main" and 1 frequency used for Operations and Asset Protection. The store had used FRS during the holiday season and when Wal-Mart had Lay-A-Way, prior to Site to store.

Chris is correct.

The company passed down a mandate to the managers over a year ago to re-set their radios to only the channels that fall under the MURS alignment (no license needed). They are free to use whatever PL or DPL that the radios on site are capable of if they wish.

The Tobyhanna DC uses a UHF repeater with a DPL (search WPUK581 to see what's licensed to that specific DC).

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
No, allow me to clarify, "I'm using my own radio, an Icom walkie", not theirs, I found their frequency and programmed it into my Icom, however, whenever I key up their not hearing me, I hear them fine. Help or suggestions please?

Here is the correct channel lineup for the new Motorola RDM2070D that are in the stores:

CH 1 154.570 CSQ
CH 2 154.600 CSQ
CH 3 151.820 PL 136.5
CH 4 151.880 PL 136.5
CH 5 151.940 PL 136.5
CH 6 154.570 PL 136.5
CH 7 154.600 PL 136.5

You need to program in your Icom a PL tone of 136.5 in order to communicate with them.

captclint

Mentor
Here is the correct channel lineup for the new Motorola RDM2070D that are in the stores: You need to program in your Icom a PL tone of 136.5 in order to communicate with them.
Unless you know that corp has mandated 136.5, it may not be safe to assume it is the same in all stores. If 136.5 does not work, the best way to find out is to ask someone in the know. These tones are "universal" and are compatible with any radio that has PL/DPL capability. Next best is to borrow a scanner with PL search. Nearly all scanners made in past 3-4 yrs have this ability.

cartman

Ok, I appreciate the info.I will give this a try. This icom doesn't specifically address PL's so I'm guess CTCSS & DTCS codes are essentially the same animal. Anyway thanks for the help.

cartman

Ok, thanks, I'll try the 136.5 and see if thats a winner. I've got 3 scanners, all Uniden, but never tried PL/DPL searching, honestly don't know how you'd go about it, or even if mine have that capability, some don't, could you explain a liittle more about how it's done. I've fequency search scanned on a number of occassions , but PL/DPL searching? Anyway, thanks for this Pl info.

Status
Not open for further replies.