Greene & Fayette County

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone happen to have a list of police unit numbers for these two counties? It's hard to listen to the live broadcast without knowing what you're listening to! Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

captclint

Mentor
Last edited:

fred4405

In Fayette County I do not believe they use a unit numbering system, I think they just use the municipality / agency name when calling the units? They do use station numbers for the Fire Departments, but I believe that is all.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for the links so far folks, but none of them give me the unit numbers so I know if I'm listening to Fayette County or Greene County!

Merry Christmas all!

Mike

mule1075

Feed Provider
Thanks for the links so far folks, but none of them give me the unit numbers so I know if I'm listening to Fayette County or Greene County!

Merry Christmas all!

Mike

If you are listening live via here and using winamp the text tags will come up on the feed so if you are listening to fayette the tags will come up as they are in the database.For greene county it will come in the tags as 155.700 county police.Does that help or am i missing something?Greene is still analog conventional and fayette is analog trunked.

Last edited:

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I will have to listen to the system using winamp then!

Thanks! Now if someone would just share the unit numbers so I know which town/village I'm hearing that would be great!

Mike

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
If you are listening live via here and using winamp the text tags will come up on the feed so if you are listening to fayette the tags will come up as they are in the database.For greene county it will come in the tags as 155.700 county police.Does that help or am i missing something?Greene is still analog conventional and fayette is analog trunked.

I am now using WinAmp to listen to the feed and no tags are coming up to tell me which freq or talkgroup I'm listening to. Do I have to do something special?

Mike

talviar

I will have to listen to the system using winamp then!

Thanks! Now if someone would just share the unit numbers so I know which town/village I'm hearing that would be great!

Mike

Assignments are based on channel.
There are 5 Talkgroups on the county trunked system for Police agencies in Fayette. . .
Connellsville City
Uniontown City
Boro Channel
Zone North (Twp's solely or mostly north of US RT 40)
Zone south (Twp's solely or mostly south of US R 40)

Car #'s are assigned by the department and may have duplicates.
IE Connellsville and Uniontown may both have a Car 9 which may also duplicate with a Township having a Car 9. . . .
Since the departments are assigned to channels and generally call into the 911 Center using their department name. . . . . Car # combined with Department name create a CAD ID for the dispatch software. . . .
However, when the departments are talking to each other you won't have any real easy way of knowing. . .

Since u are listening on a "feed" and not an actual scanner, the best I can tell you is good luck! Without being able to see the channel the scanner is receiving you most likely will remain confused as to who is talking. . . .

This has been my $2.25 and as always, YMMV!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tony

mule1075

Feed Provider
I am now using WinAmp to listen to the feed and no tags are coming up to tell me which freq or talkgroup I'm listening to. Do I have to do something special?

Mike

yup your right not working on my end either.their is another option though you can download the proscan client their is a greene and fayette county feed that shows the screen of the scanner.link is below you want to click the link that says download proscan-free client 4.4.7.
ProScan

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Tony - Thank you so much for the info!

Mulescan - I will check out that product that you mentioned!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.