RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum

Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Pennsylvania.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 6:11 PM

Question Hersheypark Frequencies

I was wondering if anyone knows why Hersheypark frequencies have gone silent since sometime on Friday, April 20. I have loaded the trunked system from RR into the scanner and receive Hershey Hotel transmissions, but nothing from the park. Did they go digital or some other system?
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hershey Entertainment has several pending applications for narrowbanding...... Including this one for Safety & Security
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2012, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommahawk View Post
Hershey Entertainment has several pending applications for narrowbanding...... Including this one for Safety & Security
How do you know it's for safety and security?

I know they have been wanting a new system for awhile. It was to be live a few years ago.
Old 04-30-2012, 4:43 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As of last October the park operations were still conventional UHF.
Old 04-30-2012, 5:07 PM

I did find a new frequency over the weekend that appears to be a control channel or something that was picking up every organization in the park. It is 463.5875, which is one of the numbers in the RR trunked listing for HERCO. I don't understand how trunked systems work, or what can be picked up on a trunked frequency individually, but that appears to be what I found.
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2012, 6:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Location: In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Farrell, Pa.
Default Check this page out.

Use this address..... I think you will have to copy and paste it into your browsers address bar. http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...chAdvanced.jsp

Do a search for Hershey Entertainment & Resort and find the info you want. You will find one trunked system and a few conventional systems. If you look around you will also see the freqs. that were referenced in the earlier post about security. You never know they could be switching the conventional frequencies into a Torbo or NEXEDGE system which will make it an encrypted system.

Last edited by wv_mountaineer; 04-30-2012 at 6:33 PM.. Reason: Bad HTML
Old 04-30-2012, 6:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default try this instead

Just copy and paste it into the address bar. It is the page for the Licenses to the Park.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/results.jsp

Last edited by wv_mountaineer; 04-30-2012 at 6:33 PM.. Reason: Bad HTML
Old 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneg View Post
How do you know it's for safety and security?

I know they have been wanting a new system for awhile. It was to be live a few years ago.
Because it states so in the Licensee data for the purpose and usage of the license..... They have several pending applications, and this was just one of them.... Just stating what it said in the application...
Old 05-01-2012, 8:01 AM

Quote:
Because it states so in the Licensee data for the purpose and usage of the license..... They have several pending applications, and this was just one of them.... Just stating what it said in the application...
Ohh I miss that then. Sorry.
Old 05-01-2012, 9:59 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wv_mountaineer
...You never know they could be switching the conventional frequencies into a Torbo or NEXEDGE system which will make it an encrypted system.
Nextedge and mototrbo formats are only encrytped IF the option is turned on in the programming, nextedge and trbo are decodeable, if encryption is not enabled, with DSD or a respective portable/mobile properly programmed.

Last edited by kayn1n32008; 05-01-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Old 05-01-2012, 9:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneg View Post
Ohh I miss that then. Sorry.
Not a problem sir!!! Have a great evening...
Old 05-07-2012, 4:39 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have been watching this thread very carefully because I have been going to the ACCA Fall Car Show these past few years and am going back to Hershey this October. First of all besides the conventional frequencies Hershey does have a LTR system that they just updated October 2011. Why would they update it* only t ojunk it and got to an entirely new system? I'd be curious what people hear over the summer when the park opens full time
Old 05-10-2012, 9:26 PM

Location: Drexel Hill, Upper Darby Twp, Delaware Co, Pennsylvania, USA-Close enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymatt1978 View Post
I have been watching this thread very carefully because I have been going to the ACCA Fall Car Show these past few years and am going back to Hershey this October. First of all besides the conventional frequencies Hershey does have a LTR system that they just updated October 2011. Why would they update it* only t ojunk it and got to an entirely new system? I'd be curious what people hear over the summer when the park opens full time
What he said. I worked the Halon Marketing/Battery Tender booth last year, but I didn't bring any scanners with me, if I have to work this year it would be interesting to see what the deal is.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

When is the official opening date for the Park? I would think that they only have about 2 more weekends to get their radios up and running, right?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 PM

The park is already open, for a week or two now
Old 05-11-2012, 9:14 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinzep491 View Post
The park is already open, for a week or two now
Really, and none of you locals have gone over to see how or if the employees are communicating? Shame on you guys! Does this mean that the original poster of this thread doesn't actually care? If I wanted to know cause I could or was listening from the house and all went silent I would be sleuthing around the area until I found out what was going on. How about you?
Old 05-11-2012, 12:39 PM

I have been picking everything (Rides, Security, Traffic, etc.) up on 463.5875 which is one of the frequencies of the RadioReference layout for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts trunked system listed under Dauphin County. I loaded this system into my scanner but it does not work for the Park but does work for the hotels, so I think there is something wrong with the set-up in RR. I don't know how to program trunked systems so I can't figure if something is set wrong.
Old 05-11-2012, 1:33 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrewbaker View Post
I have been picking everything (Rides, Security, Traffic, etc.) up on 463.5875 which is one of the frequencies of the RadioReference layout for Hershey Entertainment & Resorts trunked system listed under Dauphin County. I loaded this system into my scanner but it does not work for the Park but does work for the hotels, so I think there is something wrong with the set-up in RR. I don't know how to program trunked systems so I can't figure if something is set wrong.
What scanner are you using, this way maybe someone can help you out in sorting out the LTR frequencies for the system, if as you said the RR way is possibly not in the correct order.
Old 05-11-2012, 2:01 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have a friend that I was just speaking to yesterday, and in a great coincidence he works at Hershey Park and has confirmed that they have just gone to a new (As he puts it) "Repeater"........... I'm going to try to find out more...
Old 05-11-2012, 4:52 PM

Quote:
I have a friend that I was just speaking to yesterday, and in a great coincidence he works at Hershey Park and has confirmed that they have just gone to a new (As he puts it) "Repeater"........... I'm going to try to find out more...
The "old repeater" was across the street, not at the hotel but at the school I guess that's what it was. But they had it there a few years ago. I THINK they may have been another one in the kissing tower. I forget.